Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Label Bug

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ssomers
313 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe Label Bug

I’m having a problem with my pipe labels when I xref them into other drawings. The attached file has my pipe label in it (RFE Boat-SD). The label has a block in it and all the layers within the block are on the 0 layer. When I look at the attached drawing, everything looks fine, the boat inherits the properties of the label (the label style is set to display on the C-STRM layer). However, when I xref the drawing into another drawing, the boat labels inherit the properties of whatever layer is current in that drawing. More annoyingly, each time I reload the xref the label will take on whatever new layer is current at that time, even regardless of what layer the xref is on. If anyone can shed any light on the situation or offer a solution other than creating a block for each layer I want the boat to display as (which is my current workaraound), then please let me know.

Thanks!

- Shawn
-------------------------------------
Running Civil 3D on Windows 10 Pro
Custom PC with: Intel i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 GHz (8 core); NVIDIA Quadro P1000; 64GB RAM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rl_jackson
in reply to: ssomers

I don't have 13, but sounds like a VISRETAIN variable change is in order.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
castled071049

Excellent question that I, too, have observed. Not always, but occasionally. Sometimes it's the tic block for stationing, sometimes it's dimension arrowheads. Most of the time, everything is fine. 

My workaround, and it's not a solution, is to create a toobar icon that, when clicked, changes the current layer to zero, saves the drawing, then closes the drawing. I use that everytime I close a file. In that way, opening the file or plotting the file from the sheet set manager gets me the results I expect. 

I, too, am anxious to hear the solution to this perplexing occurance. 

Message 4 of 4
mathewkol

This is a known bug that has been around forever. And label style with a block embedded AND whose layer is set to 0 will exhibit this behavior. Only workaround I know is NOT to set layer 0 for that label style. Unfortunate, but true.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report