Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Label and Structure Label Object Layer? Storm or Sewer?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mwilson2
904 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe Label and Structure Label Object Layer? Storm or Sewer?

After creating a few pipe networks, I've found that the only pipe object layers that I can't change (easily) are the pipe labels. I've changed the layers in their respective styles but when I grip a pipe label it is on the default object label. I know that I can edit drawing settings> object layers> pipe-labeling> and change the layer here but I want sewer and storm on different layers. Is there a setting somewhere else that changes this? The pipe object layer can be changed in the pipe network properties but I haven't found where I can change the label layers except for selecting all of the labels (like sewer) and manually changing the them to a (sewer) layer. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mathewkol
in reply to: mwilson2

This is what I do.  Say I ultimately want these layers for STM and SAN

P-STM-TXT

P-SAN-TXT

I would set the Object layer for pipe labels to "TXT".

I would set up A PREFIX OF "*-"

I would name my storm network P-STM and my san network P-SAN.

Makes sense?  You may or may not be able to use this depending on your naming conventions.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 4
C
Contributor
in reply to: mwilson2

I think so. Reminds me of setting prefixes for profiles with LD. But where do you set the prefix as at? Wheres the setting? Thanks.
Message 4 of 4
mwilson2
in reply to: C

Found it! Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report