Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Interferance calc and label -FreeApp4All : )

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
MikeEvansUK
860 Views, 6 Replies

Pipe Interferance calc and label -FreeApp4All : )

Ok many have been asking for a lable which states the levels at the crossing point on two networks.

As I needed this too I created an application and will share with ALL to use.

Type 2011 DLL file. When you load the DLL(Netload)

Command "MeccPipeInterferanceReport" Run report. 

Usage: Select the location of the crossing, the first pipe and second pipe and a General Note label.

Requirements: Currently Windows XP, Civil 3d 2011x86 (you are welcome to try with a  Must have, two pipe networks and a note label inserted.

What it will do is calcalate the pipes levels at the crossing and report them to the command line and also into the selected note label.

Maths: It was not straight forward to add wall thickness values etc to the levels due to the pipe angles so I had to use trigonometry to calcalate the vertical heights.

Code: to do this was: HeightRes = ((Math.Sin((P90DEG - InpAngle))) * oDia) in case it's wrong and if so let me know.

Please enjoy as until we get something in the app this is the best we can do.

Example results:

Command: MECCPIPEINTERFERANCEREPORT
Pick Crossing Location: Select First Crossing Pipe: Select Second Pipe:
Vertical Clearence:  0.690m m
SURFACE-WATER
Pipe 1 name  1.002  Outer Crown Level:  2.068m  Outer Invert Level:  1.618m
FoulSewer
Pipe 2 Name  Pipe12  Outer Crown Level:  2.307m  Outer Invert Level:  2.160m
Select a general note label:

Thanks to Christopher for the code on Note Labels and Jeff for some help along the way.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jmayo-EE
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

This will be VERY handy when I need it. Thanks Mike & thanks to the nice folks who helped out.

John

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
jmayo-EE

I get an exception. Email me if you want the debugging info.

johnm at conklinassociates.com. remove the spaces.

John

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
MikeEvansUK

I just noticed your system specs.

This program was designed under XP so I suspect that it will not work in Vista / Windows7 under 32 bit but it will never work x64 at this time.

I have not been able to work under x64 yet due to the edit and continue not working and several other issues with referances I need to figure out.

I will repost a x64 version when I have sorted it out (when I get time at home).

Sorry.

Mike

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 5 of 7
MikeEvansUK

As promised, here's an updated working version for windows 7 & XP. Working at home.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English

Message 6 of 7
jmayo-EE

Thanks Mike!

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Mike,

I have been searching for something like and i'm surprised it isn't part of Cad as I have been using sections to label what I need for interferances.  At the current time I get an exception while trying to use your app, running Windows 7, 64 Bit.  On you latest post is that the correct working version?  Thanks for you assistance and updates - David

Attached is my error message.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report