Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe in profile view

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ingegneria
712 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe in profile view

This is my first time with pipes and I'm quite sure that I'm missing something.

I have a road crossing a river and I want to show the pipe in the profile view but when I add it to the view It doesnt look like I would expect. I mean, If I had an orthogonally crossing, the pipe in the profile view should appear like a circle, but it doesn't. Inthe same way, if the crossing is oblique I should see an ellipse.

Where I'm wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: ingegneria

A picture would be helpful, can you post a screen capture of the pipe plan layout and what your seeing now in profile view?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
ingegneria
in reply to: Jay_B

Maybe my english is not so good. Anyway, I attacched the plan and the profile view: I used a circular pipe (diameter 1800), so I would expect a circular pipe, with the right size, in the profile view.

Message 4 of 4
david.zavislan
in reply to: ingegneria

The pipe display is controlled by the style that is assigned to the pipe.  Create a "crossing pipe" style.  On the Display tab, set the view direction to profile.  then toggle on the display of the Crossing pipe components, and toggle off the others.

CrossingPipeStyle.jpg

You can assign this style directly to the pipe object, or as an override style , in the profile view properties. 

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report