Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Gradient band style

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1085 Views, 4 Replies

Pipe Gradient band style

Hi first post on here so forgive me if i'm doing anything wrong

I'm trying to create a profile view band style to display a gradient as a fraction i.e 1/100 rather than a % I've tried creating an expression to do this  ( see below)  the sum works but I dont get a solution/answer just the sum displayed on the band.

Basically the sum is  length/change in elevation  

for clarification / = divide

Expression

(<[Pipe Start Chainage(Um|FD|P3|RN|AP|GC|UN|Sn|OF)]> - <[Pipe End Chainage(Um|FD|P3|RN|AP|GC|UN|Sn|OF)]>) / (<[Start Invert Level(Um|P2|RN|AP|GC|UN|Sn|OF)]> - <[End Invert Level(Um|P2|RN|AP|GC|UN|Sn|OF)]>)

Please Help

Mitch

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
troma
in reply to: Anonymous

My understanding is you can't use expressions in profile data bands.

If you could, there would be an "Expressions" family in the appropriate place in settings, like there is for all the different label styles.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: troma

Thanks Troma

I'm obviously not looking at this the right way

I thouught I could amend/sum existing expressions to produce something else

e.g

(a-b)/(c-d)

As an alternative could I (someone much brighter than me in the community) amend the existing pipe gradient  expression to produce a figure rather than a % then I can add an additional text line to read 1/

<[Pipe Gradient(FP|P3|RN|AP|GC|UN|Sn|OF)]>

All the expressions I am using I have taken from the Band Style label composer in settings see attached

Thanks

Mitch

Message 4 of 5
troma
in reply to: Anonymous

I think we're having a misunderstanding about what an 'expression' is.  It is not the label components within the label style composer.  An expression is created in the 'expressions' family, and can then be used as a label property.  Here are a couple of examples of where you can create expressions:

Expressions.PNG

As I said, I don't think it's available for profile data bands.

I'm not sure what part of the settings you're in, but do you have these format options?  You may find one of them to be of use:

Pipe slope format.PNG

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: troma

Cheers Troma thats exactly what I needed.

And yes I am in a muddle over what an expression is but that can be resolved later.

Cheers

Mitch

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report