Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe crown perpindicular to inverse elevation

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rdarioh90
1862 Views, 5 Replies

Pipe crown perpindicular to inverse elevation

Not sure if this has already been covered, looked extensively but was not able to find an answer if there is one, so please forgive me in advance.  when creating a pipe network, and the slope of the pipe end is say at a 35% from start to end, the crown of the pipe is at a 90 degree angle from the inverse elevation (straight up).  So if I have an inverse elevation of 288.3' the pipe crown elevation is at 292.5'.  I need to show the end of the pipe crown perpindicular to the inverse elevation so that it reads 292.0'!  Pleas help!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rdarioh90
in reply to: rdarioh90

Attached is an example of what Im referring to.

Message 3 of 6
wfberry

There are several unknowns.

By inverse, I assume you mean Invert Elevation

The Crown of the pipe is the very outside top of the pipe.

Perhaps if you would give the length of the pipe and the size of the pipe.  Normally if the crown of the pipe is vertical to the invert, the pipe would be laid flat.  Now if the invert at one end is perpendicular to the crown at the other end, the pipe is nearly vertical depending on the pipe length.

I shall wait.

Bill

Message 4 of 6
rdarioh90
in reply to: wfberry

Sorry, yes, by inverse i meant invert.  Thank you for your response! This is just an example pipe, but we are very interested in using this feature in our future designs, but for arguments sake, lets say the pipe is 482' in length, and 48" inner dia.  There is no problem with the pipe crown as laid flat, its just when we place a slope on the pipe, say like a 35% slope.  Then the crown remains at a 90 deg. angle, we need to design the pipes with the crown perpindicular to the invert elevation and slope.  Any Ideas?  Greatly appreciate it!

Message 5 of 6
wfberry

I guess I am following what you want.  A 48" pipe at a 35% slope will have the top of the pipe over 1.0' off vertical.  I am quite sure that this program will always draw the ends vertical because 99% of us will want it that way.  Normally on smaller pipes and flatter grades this difference is negliglble.

Using a mask at these ends may accomplish what you desire.

Bill

Message 6 of 6
rdarioh90
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks for your reply, just doesnt make sense to make the ends non-adjustable.  Masks are not preferred but can make use of them.  Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report