Distinguished Contributor
ebarlevi
Message 1 of 3 (173 Views)
Accepted Solution

Pipe Crossing

173 Views, 2 Replies
12-05-2013 05:19 AM

Hi,

I have two pipes crossing each other (found by interfering)

I need to create a quick cross section from the pipes at the intersection point (more or less).

Can I do it without the creating an alignment sample line and section view ?

Thanks

The profile will give u more part editing capabilities vs the section.

After u get the profile with the main network select the crossing pipe in plan view. Right click and select draw part in profile view. Now go to the profile properties, pipe networks tab and locate the crossing pipe. Apply a style override so the crossing pipe displays as an ellipse
*Expert Elite*
jmayo
Message 2 of 3 (150 Views)

Re: Pipe Crossing

12-05-2013 09:41 AM in reply to: ebarlevi
No but the process is streamlined a bit if you use the Alignment from network parts command. This will allow you to select the first and last part to define the alignment and will also let u create a profile with the parts coming in automatically
John Mayo, PE
IDSP 2014
Win 7 64, Xeon ES165@3.2Ghz,
64 GB RAM, Quadro K4000 (x2)
*Expert Elite*
jmayo
Message 3 of 3 (148 Views)

Re: Pipe Crossing

12-05-2013 09:45 AM in reply to: ebarlevi
The profile will give u more part editing capabilities vs the section.

After u get the profile with the main network select the crossing pipe in plan view. Right click and select draw part in profile view. Now go to the profile properties, pipe networks tab and locate the crossing pipe. Apply a style override so the crossing pipe displays as an ellipse
John Mayo, PE
IDSP 2014
Win 7 64, Xeon ES165@3.2Ghz,
64 GB RAM, Quadro K4000 (x2)
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.