Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Crossing Label style

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Joe-Bouza
345 Views, 2 Replies

Pipe Crossing Label style

I wanted to adjust the style so the line starts at the invert so I thought no problem I'll write an expression. I wrote

-1*({Pipe Inner Diameter or Width}/2) int the hopes I could use it in the y offset parameter but the expression doesn't show up in the pop down. Infact I have another expression for flow, and if I add several more expressions to my list when I go to the pop down only Flow shows. Is this a 2013 thing?

paipelable.png

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

It may be a 2013 thing (or more likely every version previous to 2014). I tested in 2014 and expressions are available in the drop down for the offset. You could try adding a no plot line, and try playing with the anchor options, then anchor your label to the line.
Message 3 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

They are all formatted as Double values, Joe? And they are all expressions created for Pipe Plan Profile labels?

In 2013 I have 5 expressions and all are available to me. This one works works in a 20 scale drawing with Vert. scale of 5

-1*(({Pipe Inner Diameter or Width}/2.0)/{Drawing Scale Conversion})*4 

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report