Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Catalog

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
martin888888
1689 Views, 6 Replies

Pipe Catalog

Hello,

I am trying to load the pressure pipe catalog that comes with the Civil 3d installation by going to the pipes pull down menu and selecting "set pipe neetwor Catalog".  I select "Pressure Pipe Catalog" folder and it give me an error "Error: The selected folder does not contain all the catalog information.  Please selct another folder".  When I browse through the folder it looks like everythign is there.  The Pipes Catalog folder loads with no issues at all.  Is there someting that needs to be done to load and use the pressure pipes part list?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: martin888888

@martin888888 wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to load the pressure pipe catalog that comes with the Civil 3d installation by going to the pipes pull down menu and selecting "set pipe neetwor Catalog". 

On the Ribbon > Home Tab> Create Design Panel > Dropdown Flyout > Choose "Set Pressure Network Catalog"

Sounds like you may be trying to set the pressure catalog using the gravity pipes set catalog?

Default location for Win 7 is:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D XXXX\enu\Pressure Pipes Catalog\

\Imperial\

Metric\\

Browse to and set path to either the \Imperial\ or \Metric\ Folder location as appropriate.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
Jay_B

I see where you're trying to set it in pull down pipes menu.

Pretty sure this is one of those examples where because Pressure Pipes were added as a new feature (in 2013) after the Ribbon.

The Menu Pull downs do not support Pressure Pipes, so the Ribbon must be used.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 4 of 7
martin888888
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks.  That worked.  Goofy they did not put that in the pull down menu.

Message 5 of 7
martin888888
in reply to: Jay_B

One issue I am having today is that I dont get the error message at all but tthe pressure pipe pipe catalog will not load (gravity pipe catalog loads fine).  It loads and under Pressure Pipe Styles in the Settings (prospector) is the "Standard" styles.

I go to Home / Create Design Pulldown / Set Pressure Network Catalog.  I then link it to the folder at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Pressure Pipes Catalog. 

So catalog folder is C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Pressure Pipes Catalog\Imperial

Catalog database file is Imperial_AWWA_Mechanical.sqlite

No error message when those are entered but nothing at all happens, nothing is loaded.

This is one touchy program

Message 6 of 7
martin888888

what i jsut noticed is that this is drawing specific, i can open a blank Civil 3d drawing and load the Parts List with no problem.  The existing drawing I have through projectwise will not load it at all.  Would there be a setting within a drawing keeping this from loading?

Message 7 of 7
Jay_B

Not sure about through Projectwise, but are you saying it functions fine when out of the Projectwise environment?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report