Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe and structure styles resetting when data shortcut synchronized

47 REPLIES 47
SOLVED
Message 1 of 48
LCFJ60
14221 Views, 47 Replies

Pipe and structure styles resetting when data shortcut synchronized

I've got a drawing that has a data referenced pipe network (C3D2014).  Everytime the pipe network is syncronized the pipes and structures change their styles back to what I can only assume to be their default.  I can not find where to change this style or behavior.  Any help would be appreciated.

47 REPLIES 47
Message 41 of 48
ryanlaughlin
in reply to: rkmcswain

Yes, the workaround does seem to be working, so that will have to suffice
for now as Autodesk is dragging their feet on this. In general, I hate
workarounds.
Message 42 of 48

i would use this solution but i have my acad set up to 'synchronizereferences' whenever i open a drawing. i don't remeber the specific reason but it was fix an ongoing problem. also my drawing has a bunch of viewports (plan and profile sheets) and it takes forever to open so opening it, closing it and reopening it would just add another level of frustration that i don't need at this point. fortunately this project is (hopefully) reaching the end so there won't be any huge changes so i can at least fix the occasional style change. 

Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2245 CPU @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 43 of 48
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

Where do you set the styles to not override when creating a data reference? My styles keep defaulting and overriding the source drawing's styles. PLEASE HELP!!!!
Message 44 of 48
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

bradfordcharlesking wrote:
Where do you set the styles to not override when creating a data reference? My styles keep defaulting and overriding the source drawing's styles. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Check post 35

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 45 of 48
sarusiddu
in reply to: LCFJ60

Yes, same issue we faced after synchronizing the data shortcut model.but i would like to suggest:

1.Make sure the same style should be used in both Source model and data shortcut model. 

2.Do not sync when it is pop_up the notification of Synchronizing ,instead of that close the data shortcut file and open again.

3.While making data shortcut file we should not check the option of overlay the styles.

Cheers.

Siddu.

Message 46 of 48
jnjhuz
in reply to: nostupidquestions

I am using Civil 3D 2019 and I am having this same issue. When we used to xref our pipe networks we would loose our profile labels when we synchronized, so now we data reference our pipe networks and we loose our structure style when we synchronize. Is there anything we can do other than not hitting synchronize?

Message 47 of 48
LCFJ60

I've actually not experienced this behavior for some time. I would first make sure that the parts catalog and parts list are identical in both drawings and all the associated structure and pipe styles. Our workflow is to only use data shortcuts and data references. The drawing used to create the pipe network data shortcut is never xref'd into any other drawing, only data referenced.

Also, when you xref a drawing that contains civil 3d objects such as pipe networks you can label the object through the xref, if you have both that and a data reference to the pipe network it can be hard to distinguish which of those you are labeling.

Hope this helps.

Message 48 of 48
jnjhuz

Thanks for getting back to me. I think I figure it out. This problem wasn't occurring with the SD and SS network, but my company doesn't use pressure networks. It uses the regular pipe network for a water network and they haven't created parts for water valves etc. so these all just come in as null structures and are assigned different styles based on what they really are. Once parts are created for each water part or we start using a pressure network I think the problem will be resolved. Thank you for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report