Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe and Structure Rules

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
lbraff2648
649 Views, 7 Replies

Pipe and Structure Rules

When I Apply Rules to my Pipes/Structures, how can I change it to "down slope to up slope"?  It is currently set "up slope to down slope".  I need it to begin applying rules at the downstream pipe/structure and go upstream.  Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
SethHall
in reply to: lbraff2648

Hi Leslie-

Are you referring to changing the flow direction of your pipes? If so you can change this from the pipe contextual ribbon Modify panel dropdown:

1478iA5FEAB7F7D2E97D9

Hope this helps!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 8
jmayo-EE
in reply to: SethHall

What program do you use to markup your screencaps Seth?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
SethHall
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Hi John-

Most of us here use Jing to do our screen shots (and mark-ups). It is nice and easy and best of all, free 🙂 You can find it here: http://www.techsmith.com/jing/

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 5 of 8
jmayo-EE
in reply to: SethHall

Thanks Seth.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
lbraff2648
in reply to: jmayo-EE

No, that's not what I am looking for.  When you go to Pipes, Apply Rules, it only gives you the option to select the pipes/structures up slope to down slope.  Is there a way to change it to be able to select the down slope structure/pipe first when applying rules?  I have a set invert that we are tying into downstream and I want to be able to use that invert and set all slopes upstream with a 0.1' drop in structures.

Message 7 of 8
jmayo-EE
in reply to: lbraff2648

I don't think you can get the rules to work backwards. I bet you know the other two options are to

1. Do it manually in the Pipe Network panarama.

2. Do it grapically. In plan or profile view select the lowest pipe, edit the inverts and slope in the pipe's properties dialog to compute the upstream invert, use copy/paste to get the computed upstream invert to the next pipe's downstream invert. Continue upstream.

I use 1 for large networks & 2 for small ones.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 8

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report