Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin a label to a polyline

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
PDSurvey
812 Views, 3 Replies

Pin a label to a polyline

Is it possible to pin a line label to a polyline without dragging it? I would like to add vertices to a polyline after I have it labeled.

If I drag the label out, I can pin it where I want,  but if I slide it, the pinning option is not available

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: PDSurvey

If you want your labels to appear when pinned as they are when not dragged, edit your label style and change the Dragged State Components to As Composed and leader Visibility to False.

Then run the command LABELTOGGLEPIN and select the label to pin. This should allow it to be pinned without first dragging it.

This was confirmed on 2011.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 4
PDSurvey
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

Thank you very much. This will alleviate many headaches!

-PD

Message 4 of 4

this does pin the label but only it's location so if you have a polyline with a curve/line/curve and you add verticies after the fact, you now have your default line label pinned near your curve. so i guess the question is, how do i pin a label to a specific segment?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report