Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF memory path

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
246 Views, 3 Replies

PDF memory path

Hey there guys

I was hoping someone would be able to assist me with a frustrating problem I am unable to resolve-Now I know it will not affect the outcome of my work but does affect efficiency.

When you plot to pdf in Civil 3D, my problem is that I need to go through all the different folders to the folder that I wish the PDF to be saved, and when I PDF the next drawing, I need to go through all the folders again to find the same location folder in which to save the PDF. 

There is surely a memory path that saves to last saved location, rather than having to go through the different folders and sub-folders each and every time.

Before my upgrade to 2013 from 2012, it would save in the last saved location, now it defaults back 'my documents' on my C' drive.

Any suggestions

Thanks 

Brett @ Eviro services

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
troma
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't know where that setting is, but here's a workaround to try:

1. Have windows explorer open to the folder that you want to save to.
  2. Click into the address bar of windows explorer.
  3. Copy the address to clipboard (Ctrl+C or right-click>copy).
  4. Paste the address in the 'Filename' area of the SaveAs box and click "Save" (or is it click "OK"?)
  5. It won't save the file, but will get to your folder.  Then click Save again to actually save it.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 4
palabalo
in reply to: troma

There is an amazing app called listary portable (portable indicating it does not write to the registry

This app adds shortcut ctrl+2 and it brings up your last 20 or so touched folders.

also has other great features.

But since this is portable you can put it on a jumpdrive and run it from there.

(IT loves these apps, get the program with out the headache of making it work with their system)

SurveyorLee
in reply to: Anonymous

Look at the "options" tab on the Export To PDF button.  I'm in 2011, and it has a default directory.

I just set that to my projects directory.  Then i only have to scroll down within the project.  There are also some other settings in that box that you may want to look at.

Hope this helps

Surveyor Lee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report