Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pay items formula file expression

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Yonas89
226 Views, 2 Replies

pay items formula file expression

hello,

I am doing quantity takeoffs, and i need your recommendations for my situation. I need to count lenght of road curbs, which consists of multiple polylines. There are few crosswalks where the type of curb is  different (crosswalk curb),so these distances are drawn with the different type of lines in plan view. Also the third type of curb is put at sides of every cross walk (transition curb), refering consistent transition between road and crosswalk curbs (it is always constant lenght of 1 meter).  However it has no different display in plan view, thus it usually belongs to the same polyline which refers my road curb.

Thus the  lenghts of my transition curbs needs to be excluded from the total lenght of road curbs.  

Thus my problem is that after I assign pay item to my road curb and then I get the amount I still need to exclude the lenght of my transition curbs. So my question is: Is there a way to type an expression in formula file where the lenght of transition curbs would be excluded from road curbs refering the  number of crosswalk (there are two meters of transition curb at every crosswalk)?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
odoshi
in reply to: Yonas89

It sounds like something you would have to do post-process. Since you are counting 2 different object types, curb (ln. ft.) and crosswalks (qty), I don't think you can make a formula.

I'd send the QTO to Excel and then do the subtraction.

Regards,

Mike

Mike Caruso
Autodesk Certified Instructor 2014
AutoCAD/Civil 3D Autodesk Certified Professional 2014, 2015, 2018
www.whitemountaincad.com
Message 3 of 3
Yonas89
in reply to: odoshi

thanks for the answer. Yes I will have to use excel then. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report