Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paste to original coordinates but in the same dwg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
achillesgr
504 Views, 7 Replies

paste to original coordinates but in the same dwg

Hello,

I am new user to autocad and civil 2014 and i am trying to paste in the same drawing in the same coordinates.this seems to not work and the info tip at the paste to originall cootdinates says "this works only in another drawing".

What is going on?

I simple need to select something, then delete everything and then paste what was selected.i found this the faster way to make new dwg with the same settings but with only the obgects i want.

Pleasse note that i do not have any experience in autocad and parhaps there is a simplest way that i do not know it.

Is this an issue? How can i simple paste to the same coords in the same dwg?

Thanks. I apreciate your help.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
neilyj666
in reply to: achillesgr

COPY (base point) 0,0,0 ( destination point) 0,0,0. Also be careful which objects you are trying to copy some some work better than others

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 8
antoniovinci

achillesgr wrote:
i found this the faster way to make new dwg with the same settings but with only the obgects i want

I guess that's definetely not the best way to go, sir.

Press F1 and learn all about the _WBLOCK command.

Message 4 of 8
achillesgr
in reply to: antoniovinci

Thanks guys.i will try your suggestion.

I wonder why the 

Pasteorig do not work as the help indicates.

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2014/ENU/index.html?url=filesCUG/topichead_0.htm,topicNumber=CUGd30e1...

Message 5 of 8
achillesgr
in reply to: antoniovinci

Yes,Antonio, thewblock is very helpfull command. Thanks.

Message 6 of 8
AllenJessup

If you are continually needing the same objects in your new drawing. I'd suggest adding them to your Template.

Another way to keep only what you selected would be to use the Select command to create a selection set. Start the Select command and select what you want to keep and hit enter. Then hit escape if you have pickfirst on. Then use the Erase command with the All option. Before exiting the erase command use the Remove option and eiter P for Previous. This removes the previous selection from your current selection.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
achillesgr
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thanks Allen,

I will try that too!

Message 8 of 8
jmayo-EE

"I wonder why the Pasteorig do not work as the help indicates."

The command should work as advertised if both dwg's have the same units and you copy using the base point of 0,0.

I would also wonder if you need the same coordinate system applied...never did that can'r confirm.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report