Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paste to Original Coordinate Issue

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
onsionsi1
3285 Views, 13 Replies

Paste to Original Coordinate Issue

Hello There,

I have some problem with paste to original coordinate that it appears as grey in right click as shown in attached file but it can paste from ribbon.

Any help will be appreciate.

Thank you. 

Please do not forget approve as solutions and Points
to Remember Please Accept as Solution and Kudos Please
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
neilyj666
in reply to: onsionsi1

Happens to me in both 2011 and 2012 versions - no known fix.

I put the command on a toolbar (could try quick access) then its always available

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 14
Joe-Bouza

I'm wblock, insert guy.

I think though, when I have used it,  it greyed out when I specified a base point. It worked if I only copied and pasted to original coords.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 14
BrianHailey
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I just tried it both ways (copy and copy w/ basepoint) and it made no difference. I was able to paste to original coordinates in both cases so I don't think that may be the cause. I have seen this as well and whenever I see it I just use the command off the ribbon.

If I remember correctly, when I investigated this at one point, the paste to original coordinates command on the right click menu in the CUI had an extra hot key (you know, those underlined letters in a menu) and when I removed that it worked correctly. It's been a while so I may have be mistaken.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 14
onsionsi1

I figered out the solution try to select any object even autocad or civil object and right click and clipboard and then you will get paste to original cooridinate appears and you can use it.

If anyone get this solution please tell me.

Thank you.

Please do not forget approve as solutions and Points
to Remember Please Accept as Solution and Kudos Please
Message 6 of 14
pjfontes

Dear Autodesk,

PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE.

It has gone on way too long.  This is incredibly annoying!

Thanks,

Sincerely, CAD users everywhere. 🙂

Message 7 of 14
witzel

I have seen this issue when trying to paste into the same drawing of one with the same name, but only then.  Oddly, "paste" will work and ask you for coordinates.

Thanks,

Conan Witzel

Message 8 of 14
pjfontes
in reply to: witzel

I'm sure many users have noticed patterns and have a few work-arounds.  It should just workSmiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 14
Jamie.Besso

My work around was to make an alias command. The command line command is PASTEORIG so just make a short one or two letter combination and it makes the task pretty quick. So now I use "Ctrl C" to copy and "PO" to paste to original coordinates. 

Message 10 of 14
vlsheehan

Are you pasting from one file to another or within the same file? When I Paste to Original Coordinates within the same file it does not work. I usually copy everything using Copy with Base Point around 0,0 and use the Paste then type 0,0. I guess you could setup a button to manually Paste around 0,0.

Vincent Sheehan

Sr. Civil Designer
Poly In 3D Blog

Message 11 of 14
Jamie.Besso
in reply to: vlsheehan

No, our office doesn't use multiple layouts so I always copy between files. I suppose a simple lisp routine would solve that issue for you.

Jamie
Message 12 of 14
antoniovinci
in reply to: vlsheehan

vsheehan wrote:

When I Paste to Original Coordinates within the same file it does not work

What for pasting in the same file, sir?

Message 13 of 14
Jamie.Besso
in reply to: antoniovinci

I assume if you are pasting to original coordinates within the same file you are doing so between multiple layouts. Wouldn't make much sense to do this in model space....

Message 14 of 14
vlsheehan
in reply to: Jamie.Besso

Yes, we use multiple layout tabs for sheets. I will paste objects from one tab to another.

Vincent Sheehan

Sr. Civil Designer
Poly In 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report