Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paste Surface

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
318 Views, 3 Replies

Paste Surface

I used the function paste to combine three surfaces in one. It could represent a highway. I noticed that when surfaces cross or pass close to each other some extra triangles show up trying to stitch together the surfaces. I can not find an option that can stop this, eg "not create extra triangles". Can anyone tell me why these extra triangles occur? Can you limit it?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
troma
in reply to: Anonymous

The 'Max triangle length' setting might help.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: troma

Thank for your reply!

No, setting maximum triangle length does not help!

Program generates triangles where the distance is minimum!

Paste stitches together two surfaces in order to make a new one.

For ample working with grading if you want to show the cut portion in exiting ground, you have to make an extra surface of bottom and walls of the hole and paste it into EG. C3D then cuts off around the top of the hole and removes the "roof".

But im my case I do not want extra triangles!

Message 4 of 4
troma
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure if I totally follow you with the hole and the roof...but here's another suggestion:
Extract the boundaries of all the surfaces you want to paste together. Convert all to 2D polylines, move to zero elevation and trim them off to each other and join them to each other. Then add that as a boundary to your new surface. You might need some hide boundaries as well as an outer boundary.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report