Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paste original doesnot work

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
355 Views, 4 Replies

paste original doesnot work

hi iam new here

I Just want to under stand why paste original is not working in civil 3d 2013 when trying to do it betteen two drawings opened in civil but when opening them in civil 3d as cad 2013 it work just fine any ideas

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
antoniovinci
in reply to: Anonymous

You must follow this sequence:

1. in drawing A, type _COPYBASE
  2. in drawing B, type _PASTEORIG
  3. in drawing B, perform a "zoom extents"
Message 3 of 5
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: Anonymous

How exactly is it not working?

What steps are you going through and what is happening?

I ask this because I have found on my machine in Civil 3d 2013 that the Paste to Original Coordinates on the right click menu will be greyed out sometimes.

You will find though that the Paste to Original Coordinates is available from the Home tab of the ribbon -> Clipboard panel -> Paste dropdown -> Paste to Original Coordinates.

This will often work when the Paste to Original Coordinates on the right click is greyed out.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: antoniovinci

Thanks but its not that easy
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

Well i am familiar with that , but my issue is that when i do paste original the term invalid appears in the command line , again its only in civil not in normal cad so i am thinking some thing about settings but i don't have a clue whats it all about , another thing, i found that if one of the two drawings is in dxf format the pasteoriginal works just fine so i already got around it but i just want to under stand why is that happening.

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report