Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts List in Pressure Pipe Network C3D 2014

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kathy.pendergast
454 Views, 1 Reply

Parts List in Pressure Pipe Network C3D 2014

Under the Settings tab in the prospector go to Pressure Network/parts list/  It allows you to do things with DIP but does not give options for PVC.

Has anyone seen this and do you have a solution?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
g_k50
in reply to: kathy.pendergast

This is copied from an Autodesk page in "Part Publishing Wizard User Guide"

1.1 Introduction, Civil3D 2013 ships with a new Pressure Pipes feature.  While several stock parts are shipped with the default catalog(s), ther may be a need for a customer to publish an individual part that is not included with the shipped content.  The part publishing wizard is a command that allows end users to select a 3D solid and centerline Entitiy witin AutoCAD to create a .CONTENT file.  This .CONTENT file can then be imported into a pressure piping catallog using the Content Catalog Editor that ships with C3D.

Previous paragraph to the one above indicates that this tool is unsupported.

To clarify, all I have are DIP parts.

More to the point, I'm not sure at this point what the purpose of pressure pipe network is but I assume it's to do pressure analysis,  to that end, DIP will get you there because the major cause of pressure change is the change in elevation of the pipe, the losses due to friction flow, and velocity changes are normally small when compared to head loss due to elevation change.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report