Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts list doesn't match swap part list

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ksmart1975
1624 Views, 5 Replies

Parts list doesn't match swap part list

In our parts list, we have created two new materials of pipes, one for corrugated steel and one for clay tile. When we try to swap a part for one of these new materials, in doesn't show up in the list.

It's saved in the Setting portion on the Toolspace in the drawing I am currently in, so I know the parts are there. Why do these lists not match? Is there a syncronize that I need to do when a new material is created.

Attached are two screenshots to show the difference in the parts lists.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: ksmart1975

Sorry I do not have anything constructive to add, however, using a BMP file of that size is extremely "harsh".  You probably are not aware of the difference but here is your bmp changed to a png.

Thanks,

Bill

Message 3 of 6
BrianHailey

Is your pipe network using this parts list? Go into the Pipe Network Properties and double check. The Swap Part command will only get the parts for the networks parts list, not any parts list in the drawing.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 6
ksmart1975
in reply to: BrianHailey

Yes, my network parts list is for existing storm, which is where my custom parts were created. I didn't change it, it was already set as that, and still no corrugated steel or clay tile in my swap parts list.

Message 5 of 6
ksmart1975
in reply to: BrianHailey

Follow-up: I think there might be something wrong with the Part Family for corrugated steel and clay tile. When I try to add a part size, I get an error in the command line that reads "Unable to load part family: Corrugated Steel"

So, I guess that's where my problem lies. I will try and figure out why it can't load the family, and re-post if I get an answer.
Message 6 of 6
dblanch369

@ksmart1975 wrote:
Follow-up: I think there might be something wrong with the Part Family for corrugated steel and clay tile. When I try to add a part size, I get an error in the command line that reads "Unable to load part family: Corrugated Steel"

So, I guess that's where my problem lies. I will try and figure out why it can't load the family, and re-post if I get an answer.

Were you able to get this fixed?  I run into this problem too, and the last thing I want to to is to re-crreate a new drawing for a rather decent size project.  My pipe and structures pass all validation checks, and work fine in brand-new drawings.

David

using Civil 3d 2015

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report