Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts Catalogs

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Wrysmile
2101 Views, 5 Replies

Parts Catalogs

Hey 

firstly I'm pretty new to civils 3d so bare with me. I am trying to create a pipe network however i’m getting the message “parts in the selected parts list cannot be found in the current catalog. To make these parts available select a different parts list or select the correct catalog.

Now I have a parts list which is part of the UKIE add on which has a very nice list of parts within toolspace\settings\pipe network\parts list. Surely all this info in the parts list is from a catalog? I don’t know tell me if I’m wrong, but i cannot find any pipe network catalog when i go to pipe network catalog settings and look for the location as mentioned in the help file “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AutoCAD\AutoCAD Civil 3D2013\enu\Pipes Catalogs.” This location does not exist however I have found one in a different location but when i use this location i get the message “error: the selected folder does not contain all the catalog information”.

So my questions is - is the parts lists I have which includes such items as _SFA drainage foul water and BT openreach created from a catalog and if so where is it located, if not how do i create a catalog with this info in it.

Thanks in advance for any help

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Wrysmile

If you type SetNetworkCatalog into the command line does the dialog that appears point to the catalog you want to work with?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Jay_B

@Wrysmile wrote:

don’t know tell me if I’m wrong, but i cannot find any pipe network catalog when i go to pipe network catalog settings and look for the location as mentioned in the help file “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AutoCAD\AutoCAD Civil 3D2013\enu\Pipes Catalogs.” This location does not exist however I have found one in a different location but when i use this location i get the message “error: the selected folder does not contain all the catalog information”.

Is _AeccSetNetworkCatalog set to the following default path?

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Pipes Catalog
Not sure why help mentions the path you've shown as Documents and settings would indicate a Win XP path. Help for 2012 & 2013 show this incorrect location. 2014 Help has it right "The default part catalog location is C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D <version>\enu\Pipes Catalog."
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 6
Wrysmile

Thanks for the reply

When I use setnetworkcatalog I get the dialog box asking for catalog folder, I then browse for the correct folder. But the only one I can find is within a folder for version 2012. I can’t find one in the 2013 folder and as suggested in the post from jay I tried looking in    C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Pipes Catalog but this folder does not exist. When I try and use the 2012 folder Pipes Catalogs i get the message “error: the selected folder does not contain all the catalog information”.

As I have several parts lists which all contain fully defined parts in my settings\pipe networks\parts lists I assume this must come from a catalog somewhere?

Cheers

Message 5 of 6
Wrysmile

Hey I should probably add that the fully defined parts list within settings only shows up (although i'm still not able to acutally use it) when I go to new drawing and pick then AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 UKIE template.

Cheers

Message 6 of 6
jmayo-EE

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report