Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parts & Assign rules

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Joe-Bouza
393 Views, 7 Replies

parts & Assign rules

Im still having issues with a part that pops out of the ground. I modified a rectangular junction to be 15"x15" wit ha frame height of 4" and a slab of 2", to  get the smallest structure OOTH. I see now my issue is probably due to the svps vertical pipe clearance parameter. If the frame and slab add up to 6 inches why is the VPC 1.7' . Not that I want 6" but these are roof leaders to leaching pool, so I'm OK with 1 foot at the building and I get 2 feet by the time I reach the pool.

1. how can I design a part that will allow 1 foot cove minimum

2.  How do I apply rules to sections of the network?

2. Can I have more than 1 rule per network and how do I change the default on the fly when adding different components to a network?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Not sure about q1 but: Apply rules to sections of the network by selecting the parts, right click and run apply rules. How do you have more than one rule per network. Each part has a master rule added when creating or swapping but you can change the rules of any part by editing the parts props rules tab and assigning a different rule, I think this can also be done on the prospector. Hope this helps.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 8
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

When I selectmore than one pipe the option to apply rulesid gone?

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 8
jmayo-EE

The quick way out of this (which is not the correct way 😉 is to disconect the pipe. Make a label for the pipe that shows only end invert, no leader. Label the pipe and drag the invert under the real structure label.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Hi John, you lost me - what does that do?

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 6 of 8
jmayo-EE

Well if you need to get plans out the door you can label the parts without worrying about a proper connection.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 8

Once you have run the Apply rules on one part, make sure nothing is selected and run the Apply Rules command from you right click -> Recent Input List. This will ask for the upstream part and then prompt you for the next down stream part.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 8 of 8
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I see, I was not clear. it was not a label issue I want to reset he depth of cover

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report