Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partiallu Paralell Pipes in profile

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
moberschmidt
505 Views, 8 Replies

Partiallu Paralell Pipes in profile

Good morning

I have a water and sewer line that run parallel for the most part. The sewer starts at 10+00 runs west and then turns north about 10+80 and parallels the waterline from that point on.

I want to show the sewer in the water profile as beyond and to reference the sheets to see for P&P information. This works fine.

when i go to show the waterline in the sewer profile it does not show up correctly it only shows up in the initial 80 feet of the sewer profile. Is this because the two alignments are not parallel with each other until that 2nd manhole?

Please see attached profile pdf

thanks in advance

Mark Oberschmidt

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jay_B
in reply to: moberschmidt

Assuming the Waterline is part of a Pipe Network, go to the Profile View Properties>Pipe Networks Tab>and toggle on "Draw" column checkbox for all desired pipe segments to show the remaining Water line beyond 10+80.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 9
moberschmidt
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks Jay,

I did do that but the waterline still only shows up in the initial leg of the sanitary profile. In fact it does not even start until after that 2nd manhole in the sanitary profile.

I have created multiple profile views of each alignment and even the 2nd alignment, which continues to the north shows nothing of the waterline when check the draw pipes box.

Mark

Message 4 of 9
troma

Have you tried:

Check the watermain is at the expected elevations?

Check the watermain pipes are on styles to display correctly in profile?

Check the necessary layers are on and thawed?
Close the drawing and reopen?
Recover the drawing?
Audit the drawing?
Close the program and start it again?
Shut down the machine and reboot?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 9
Jay_B

Mark,

Can you post a screen capture of your plan view?

Also as Troma suggests the elevations of the Pipes must be within the datum shown in order to be seen.

Verify the begin/end elevations of all pipe segments and revise if need be.
In your pdf the beginning of wm appears high but this could be on a hill etc.?

Is the same pipe style being applied on pipe networks tab of pfl view prop.'s to all wm Pipe segments?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 6 of 9
moberschmidt
in reply to: troma

Yes to all except shutting down machine and rebooting will do so before I leave and see what happens monday - not a critical item
Message 7 of 9
moberschmidt

Please see attached word document with screen captures.....

I think it has something to do with the alignments not being parallel from end to end.

thanks

i will think about this over weekend

Have a great weekend  🙂

Mark

Message 8 of 9
Jay_B

Forgot to mention Welcome to the AutoDesk Forums Mark!

I doubt not being completely parallel has as much to do with the issue as the fact the the alignment makes a 90 deg. bend right off the bat and the WM is actually prior to the angle point (10+78.17) which is actually where it seems to bomb.

Assuming everything else is properly set up please try these 2 things.

1. Profile View Properties>Stations Tab>User specified range> set beginning to 11+00. (Any change?)

2. If there's not a null structure at 10+78.17 or slightly greater ~10+79, add one as if it's one continuous pipe there may likely be an issue with the fact that the WM pipe extends left of MH A2 that C3d is unable to draw this properly.

Very hard to explain but similar to trying to use a Station Offset Label on the outside corner within the outside corner of the 90 deg between perpendicular in and out of angle point you'd get ??? for a result.

If you had more of a Street alignment vs.. Sewer alignment that extended left of 10+78.17 left through intersection across water line and used that alignment for the profile view it likely would play much nicer than the way the alignment turns the corner. (I suspect this is the real culprit)

This is how set my street alignments up and always leave enough prior to and after any Pipe network objects I wish to show in profile. This approach also allows for showing the 10+00 to 10+78.17 segment as a "crossing" pipe which is appropriate for the pfl view posted.

Hope that Helps.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 9 of 9
moberschmidt

Thanks Jay,

I tried both options and neither worked. As it stands I will play with in future in my spare time just to see if I can find a solutiin but it is not critical to the project so I am going to let it lie for now

Thanks for your input and welcome to the forum!!

Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report