Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partbuilder autolayout data

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rob.howell
817 Views, 3 Replies

Partbuilder autolayout data

I am in the process of creating a bunch of custom parts for our branch. I have complete some cb's complete with grates and a simple headwall. My problem is with a 'simple' pipe.

Attached is a screen capture of my new C900 parts. If you look closely in the bottom left you will notice a cyan 'dot'. This dot (which is the autolayout point) should reside in the centre of the part but the freaking thing will not move.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Rob

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SethHall
in reply to: rob.howell

Please have a look at this thread: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Rectangular-Pipe-Part-Builder/m-p/3507594

Hope this helps!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 4
rob.howell
in reply to: SethHall

Thanks.

I already looked in that thread. My part is a custom one and not from existing parts. I was still not able to modify the autolayout point origin.

That being said it after I could not find a solution I simple did a saveas from an existing pipe library and modified it (the autolayout was in the correct point).

Regards

Rob

Message 4 of 4
SethHall
in reply to: rob.howell

Unfortunately I am not sure why you could not move the autolayout data after it was placed. Did you mistakenly place it there, then go to change the point or did it mysteriously appear there?

Either way I am glad to hear you were able to modify an existing part to get the desired effect.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report