Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part data properties missing on my PC but available on another computer?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
ccoady
1572 Views, 9 Replies

Part data properties missing on my PC but available on another computer?

current.jpgI'm not sure if I am missing a setting but as of last Friday, I am unable to modify pipe or structure properties on MY PC but can on other PC's.  I can't figure out how to get the missing parameters to show back up on my computer.

original.jpg

Currently operating Autodesk Civil 3D 2012, AutoCAD 2012, Bentley MicroStation V8i
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ccoady
in reply to: ccoady

The strange thing is that on other computers I can still access all the part data info/parameters that are missing on my PC.

(the part labeled NOW MISSING is only missing when I access the properties on my PC.

Currently operating Autodesk Civil 3D 2012, AutoCAD 2012, Bentley MicroStation V8i
Message 3 of 10
RDunkley

This is happening to me also...? It is fine on my computer and a few of our Designers, but missing on others? Any ideas?

Currently using Civil 3D 2022
Message 4 of 10
Jay_B
in reply to: RDunkley

Do you have your Pipe Networks catalog on the network and have this location set in your dwt or are they all local?

Is everyone in office using exact same dwt's & arg profiles?

We had an issue with not being able to edit the material value when we upgraded to 2012 & had to do some things to the parts catalog to be able to enter material names before it would work. If I remember correctly ours were grayed out.

What we did to resolve is very similar to Jeff_M's (post 9) of this thread

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 10
RDunkley
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks for your reply.

It seems as though the users that were having the problem had an older Profile (.arg).

As soon as I updated this the problem was solved. Smiley Happy

For anyone interested, I think I found the issue with another closely related issue, where the Optional Property Drop Down Lists were missing from the Structure or Pipe Properties Dialog Boxes. If I open a drawing from within Civil 3D I had no issues, the problem only seems to occur when I open through Explorer or from outside of Civil 3D. I'm using Civil 3D 2013.

Message 6 of 10
ccoady

I'm pretty sure my problem was also the fact we updated from 2011 to 2012, but were using the older parts catalog.  Before you do any of these steps, I'd recomend making a copy of your PARTS CATALOG, since you'll be modifying it, and I'm not sure if 2013 will modify the same as 2012.  Anyway, I went into PIPES>PART BUILDER and in the content builder tab that opens up, I deleted the "Mat" value under SIZE PARAMETERS.  Then you have to hit the VALIDATE button (Which is the traffic light logo button), then click "Save Part Family" button.  Once done, then I was able to add in different values and those values showd up in the pull down like before.  Be sure to restart Civil 3D.  Just for an extra measure, in your autocad command prompt, type in PARTCATALOGREGEN and pick (type) PIPES, enter.  Then PARTCATALOGREGEN and select STRUCTURES and enter.  Hopefully this solves any issues with using older parts catalogs.  I didn't want to have to use the new catalogs since I have a TON of custom pipes and structures already made on our parts catalogs over the past 2-3 years  I hope this helps!

Message 7 of 10
rstakem

What if you don't have the MAT parameter in the part buider to begin with?  I'm having the same problem mentioned in the original post, but I dont have that parameter to delete.  Going from 2012 to 2014, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.  Thanks for your help!

Message 8 of 10
RDunkley
in reply to: rstakem

@stakem wrote:

What if you don't have the MAT parameter in the part buider to begin with?  I'm having the same problem mentioned in the original post, but I dont have that parameter to delete.  Going from 2012 to 2014, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.  Thanks for your help!

Hi, I don't have the 'MAT' Parameter in Part Builder either, but I don't believe it is required...

The Material Properties or any other Custom Properties you require are sourced from your 'AeccSharedPropertyLists.xml' file that forms part of your Parts Catalog.

If you haven't checked already, it might be worth ensuring that all users have the same Profile (.arg) as yours. This fixed my problem (See earlier post) hopefully it will do the same for you...

Regards.
Ross.

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Message 9 of 10
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: RDunkley

As Ross stated, these definitions are held in the AeccSharedPropertyLists.xml file. I don't think the ARG file is the problem chances are that on the offending PC either this file does not contain the correct referances to these contexts in the AeccSharedPropertyLists.xml file, they are in the incorrect place for the part or the Part catalogue is looking somewhere different than the other pc's.

Some contexts onlty show in certain parts, this is controlled in the above mensioned file.

Try copying the AeccSharedPropertyLists.xml file from a working PC to your own catalogue database (c3d restart is required) or re-pointing the parts catalogue to the same location as other pc's using the AeccSetNetworkCatalog
command.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 10 of 10
badillmj

I had the same Issue but it works as easy as just create a new shortcut of the cad.exe file into the desktop

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report