Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Catalog Optional Parameter not showing up

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mermerCAD
970 Views, 5 Replies

Part Catalog Optional Parameter not showing up

Hi-

I'm ready to tear my hair out here.  In 2013, I had an optional part parameter for pipes called "Velocity", and it worked fine.  We use a network catalog, and I was trying to use the same part catalog for 2014, but it gave me a Runtime Part Parameter Configuration Error for the Parameter Name "VEL".  So I copied the "Pipes Catalog" folder from my C drive for 2014 and pasted it to the network.  I then revised the AeccPartParamCfg.xml in the AeccShared Content folder with the same information as I had in the previous network catalog. 

Specifically, I added the following line in the xml file

"<AeccDfParameter name="VEL" desc="Velocity" context="FlowVelocity" index="0" datatype="Float" usage="Double_General" unit="" visible="True" internal="True"/>"

and further down in the xml file under

" <AeccParamUsage>
        <AeccPartDomainCfg domain="Pipe_Domain">"

I added the line "<AeccOptParam context="FlowVelocity"/>"

Please see the attached image 1-Old AeccPartParamCfg xml file.JPG to see images from the xml file.

I got the same error when I opened C3D 2014.  I added an underscore between Flow and Velocity for context, and it worked! (See attachment 2-Revised AeccPartParamCfg xml file.JPG)

Or so I thought...

So C3D 2014 opens without the error.  I click on Part Builder and click on RCP (formerly Concrete Pipe from OOTB part catalog) under pipes.  I right click on Size Parameters and click "Add..." which takes me to the New Parameter dialog box as seen in attachment 3.JPG.  It shows three of the optional properties I have added: Pipe Classification, Friction Slope, and Velocity.

I add these three optional properties and edit their configurations as seen in attachment 3.JPG.  I give Friction Slope and Velocity both a range of 0 to 1000 with a default of 0.

I create a new parts list and add the part family RCP.  I click to add part sizes and get the final dialog box on attachment 3.JPG.  Velocity doesn't show up!  Pipe Classification and Friction Slope show up, but no velocity!

I have tried deleting the 'VEL" line in the xml file, copying the "FSL" line and pasting and revising it for velocity, but that didn't work.  I tried switching the FSL and VEL lines in the xml file to see if FSL would disappear and VEL would appear, but that had no effect.

I don't know what else to try.  Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Meredith

C3D 2014

Windows 7 64 bit

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: mermerCAD

Have you seen this related thread?
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Optional-Properties-for-Pipes/m-p/4322713/hig...
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6
mermerCAD
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks for the link, Jay.

I had not seen that post, but it still doesn't solve my problem.

The runtime error doesn't show up anymore so that problem is solved.

My problem is that my optional property of Velocity shows up and can be added and configured in the Part Builder, but when I try to add the part to a parts list, the Velocity property doesn't show up.  It is configured to be a range, not a list, so I don't think adding it to the AeccShared PropertyLists.xml in the US Imperial Pipes folder would help.  I'll try it though.

Thanks again!

Meredith

Message 4 of 6
mermerCAD

Here is the xml file if anyone wants to see it.

Message 5 of 6
MikeEvansUK

I'm not sure why you are adding this in part builder.

if you add the definition as you have then add a corrispoding AeccOptionalParam value under pipes then these should show up in any pipes in the drawing. You don't need to add them to the part unless you are using them as a control for sizing.

You can then edit and set values from the part list catalogue or from the individual part properties.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 6 of 6
mermerCAD

In case anyone is interested, I changed the desc to 'Velocity1" and the context to "Flow1_Velocity", and everything worked.  I don't know why, but it worked! 

Thanks for all of your help!

Meredith

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report