Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Building: Assigning Custom Properties

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
graf_p
444 Views, 3 Replies

Part Building: Assigning Custom Properties

Does anyone know if it's possible to use a custom properties within part builder to calculate pipe sizes?

Within part builder I have created a new parametric part under the rectangular pipe chapter.

This new parametric will represent a electrical conduit ductbank that will vary in size depending on the number of conduits in the ductbank. For example a 2 x 3 ductbank would have 2 columns and 3 rows of a 3" conduit. So the width and height of the rectangualr duct bank would be calculated this configuration. I will have up to 12 rows and coluimns in a single ductbank, so I might have a 10x10, 3x12, 12x 1, etc.

I have a custom pipes catalog and within the AeccPartParamCfg.xml I have created 2 custom propertes named ROWS & COLUMNS.

My question is can this custom property be used to calculate the the height & width on the rectangular pipe within part builder? Once I draw my pipe I would like the ability to edit ROWS & COLUMNS within the Pipes Properties to change its size. is this possible?  See image below.

Pipes catalog.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SethHall
in reply to: graf_p

Hi Paul-

Judging from your screen shot, it appears that you have attempted it and it did not work. I also gave it a shot with no luck. From my perspective it does not seem like this is possible. Anyone else care to chime in with thoughts/suggestions?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 4
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: graf_p

check out this post by Seth Hall over at Being civil.

http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/07/assigning-optional-properties-to-a-part-size.html

and this one over at Design and motion by John Evans

http://designandmotion.net/autodesk/aec-pages/autocad-civil-3d/civil-3d-part-builder-solutions/#more...

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 4 of 4
graf_p
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

Thanks.. I have read those links. I have no problem assigning custom properties. The question or problem I have is can a custom property be used to help calculate the part size?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report