Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

part builder problem: vanishing custom parts (after part swap)

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Lyonstp
552 Views, 1 Reply

part builder problem: vanishing custom parts (after part swap)

Here's my problem, a Co-worker was having the same problem and we can't figure it out.

I created a new part in part builder, one that was custom (23"x30" Concrete Duct Bank), we have done this in the past and it has worked just fine. We have an existing duct bank modeled with around 2000 parts in it, all need to be downsized (really looking forward to that tedious task 😕 ) so we created the smaller part. The trouble starts when we go to swap the existing part (32"x40") with the newly created 23"x30". When we select the smaller part from the list and hit ok, the part size changes to the intended size but the part just dissapears from model space. It can not be clicked on or seen, the only confirmation it still exists is the part number shows up in the pipe list and the properties can be viewed.

This is incredibly frustrating. Its happened to both me and my colleague every time we try and make a new part. Its been a few months now since we've been able to. Any Ideas?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: Lyonstp

Check current part catalog is correctly loaded to the one containing the part. SetNetworkPartCatalog.

Then Run PartCatalogRegen (Pipes / Structures)

Remove the part from your parts list, close dialogue, re-edit the parts list and add the parts again.

Still no luck Run PartBuilder, select Pipes / Structures and validate & Test Catalog. Next open the txt file in "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D [VERSION NUMBER] \enu\Pipes Catalog\[Metric Structures / Pipes etc]\Validate and check that the one for the part is ok.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report