Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part builder - Error saving COLE file

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mermerCAD
992 Views, 2 Replies

Part builder - Error saving COLE file

Hi-

I'm tring to do a save as of a previously created and validated part.  When I create a new chapter and try to save the part in the new chapter, I get an error message saying "ERROR SAVING COLE FILE".  What is a COLE file and why am I getting this error?  Could there be a problem because the original part was created in 2013, and now I'm working in 2014?

That brings me to another question.  We recently changed the location of our CAD Standards (such as Pipe Network Catalog).  Can I simply copy the Pipe Network Catalog and paste it to the new location and have everything work the same or do I have to do something special?

Thanks so much for your help!

Meredith

C3D 2014

Windows 7 64-bit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mermerCAD
in reply to: mermerCAD

Never mind about the COLE error message.  I think I figured it out.  I couldn't have " in the part name.

I'm still curious about transferring part catalog data from one location to another though if anyone has any answers.

Thanks so much!

Meredith

Message 3 of 3
jmayo-EE
in reply to: mermerCAD

If  you want your vendors to have your catalog you must ship it to them. If the vendors are doing thier own unrelated work sending the catalog will not be needed. If they are working on the pipe networks with you they will need the catalog.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report