Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Builder - Can't move insertion point

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Prostang
1079 Views, 5 Replies

Part Builder - Can't move insertion point

I have started tearing into the part builder and understand most of it, except how to move the insertion point.  I have read blogs, forum posts, and watched plenty of videos.  I am aware that the ACAD point snaps do not work (insert or intersection is questionable) according to information on the interwebs.

Anyone know how to successfully do it?  I am on 2013, all service-packed up.

TIA,

Mike

Mike Madrid
Owner, MJM Consulting
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: Prostang

Relocate the UCS to desired location X,Y,Z then right click AutoLayout data and select placement point. Type 0,0,0 then enter.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 6
Prostang

I am getting an "Invalid selection.  Please select a point." error.

1.png

Mike Madrid
Owner, MJM Consulting
Message 4 of 6
david.zavislan

I have had success by adding a line segment from the desired insertion point. Then you can use an ENDPOINT object snap to locate the placement point.  Delete the line segment when it is no longer needed.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 5 of 6
Prostang
in reply to: david.zavislan

Thanks for the info, but that didn't work either.  I have tried it in two different parts and received the same behavior.

Mike Madrid
Owner, MJM Consulting
Message 6 of 6
Prostang

I opened the Simple Box in the Structures area and was able to move the insertion point.  I noticed in that file, the Point Selection cursor was used, but in the culverts file, the Object Selection cursor was used.  What is causing the difference?

Mike Madrid
Owner, MJM Consulting

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report