Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parking bays dynamic block

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
neilyj666
3774 Views, 18 Replies

Parking bays dynamic block

I'm looking for a parking bay dynamic block that I thought was included in the OOTB Civil 3D but I can't find it - does this exist or did I imagine it??

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Jay_B
in reply to: neilyj666

Are you referring to these included dynamic blocks?

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\C3D\Sample\Dynamic Blocks\

Parking Tools - Imperial.dwg

Parking Tools - Metric.dwg

There are more available under this location within these files:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\Sample\en-us\Dynamic Blocks\

Civil - Imperial.dwg

Civil - Metric.dwg

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 19
Jeff_M

The Palettes for the Parking tools are still there, you just have to add them to a Palette Set yourself now.

8-25-2014 7-30-33 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 19
neilyj666
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks for the replies - glad I hadn't imagined it...!!!

Interestingly in the UKIE version, there is a tool palette for these blocks but they are incorrectly pathed - the C3D folder is missing after AutoCAD 2015\

2014-08-25 15_40_35-Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 - [Drawing2.dwg].jpg

I just copied the Dynamic blocks folder from C3D\..... to AutoCAD 2015\... and all works now.

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Hello,

I used Google to search for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 dynamic blocks on the internet and

saw your question. I have been working for a landscape/civil engineering company for

just 4 months and have made some parking bays as dynamic blocks. I have designed

them so I can pick 18', 19' or 20' length spaces with the visibility parameter then I can

array the spaces however long I need them to be and I even have a sidewalk with a 6"

curb and control joints spaced at 5' center-to-center that I can stretch it to any length

that is desired and I can stretch it to any width desired also. I also have a dynamic block

that has angled parking bays with a dynamic sidewalk attached to one side. I even have

the layers and colors built into the block so individual lines can be turned off and on. If

anybody is interested in this, please feel free to reply back to this message.

AUTOCAD CIVIL 3D 2015 USER

IN WV, UNITED STATES

Message 6 of 19
Joe-Bouza

Try this one

it is in a container drawing either open and clipboard or explode on insert

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 7 of 19
Neilw_05
in reply to: Anonymous

I'd like to see your blocks if you are willing to share. I've designed some linestyles in Microstation to handle some of these layout tasks. It would be nice to have an Autocad solution as well. 

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 8 of 19
Neilw_05

Don't forget the Good 'Ol Design Center for seeing what content is included in the products. You can easily add anything you find to a tool palette.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous

I have attached an AutoCAD 2015 drawing file with (4) parking bay dynamic blocks I designed. Let me know what you think and if they will be useful to you. Bart Medley Cadd Technician Triad Engineering, Inc. 10541 Teays Valley Road Scott Depot, WV 25560-7483 304-755-0721 (Phone) 304-755-1880 (Fax) bmedley@triadeng.com www.triadeng.comNOTICE This e-mail transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or other use of any of the information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail at the above address and delete it from your computer system; you should not copy the message or disclose its contents to anyone. The content of the message and or attachments may not reflect the view and opinions of the originating company or any party it is representing. Triad Engineering, Inc. appreciates and thanks you for your cooperation. Please consider the environment before printing this email.
Message 10 of 19
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Anonymous

No Attachment?

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 11 of 19
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I know where you got that. 🙂

Here's a similar one that automatically counts the stalls. 😛

Bonus ADA stalls included.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 12 of 19
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: jmayo-EE

me too. Hey I'm having problems with them. I dont use them regularly since I do very little parking jobs, but in updating our Tps I noticed the counts are not updating. can you take a look see. 

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 13 of 19
jmayo-EE

Tell them to regenerate the screen. Yours works on my end. Didn't notice it at first. Mine also required the regen to update the tag.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 14 of 19
Joe-Bouza

its more sinister than that. regen has not be doing it, and your block is behaving just as badly on our system. wth?

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 15 of 19
jmayo-EE

When I insert your block and double click it the attribute editor opens. When I do the same with mine the block editor opens. Do you have something else set with the atts?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 16 of 19
Joe-Bouza

constant and locked. same as you

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 17 of 19
Joe-Bouza

@jmayo-EE If I start a new dwg based on acad.dwt they work fine. Something gor into my civil3d dwt file thats causing this. What could it be?

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 18 of 19
jmayo-EE

Not really sure Joe. I would start with the attribute commands and sys variables. Do you have any of these triggered in your template that are different from the acad.dwt?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/AutoC...

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 19 of 19
Joe-Bouza

Something goobed up in the dwt file? I restored to an earlier date and all is fine. My diary says the only change I made after the restore date was add some pipe label styles. The blocks work as expected again, but I'm perplexed as to how that could gum things up?

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report