Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcels

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
danbonenfant
150 Views, 1 Reply

Parcels

Civil3d - Service Pack 1

When I try to import a few (140) parcels from LDD into Civil 3d using the default acad.dwt template the system locks up. New drawing using _Autodesk Civil 3D Imperial By Layer.dwt parcels will import but very slow. Shouldn't the software create the objects it needs when working in a drawing not created by Civil3d?

Also working with parcels is very, very slow. Almost unusable with this many parcels. Could you imagine working with a large project.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: danbonenfant

Dan, Something does not sound right regarding this dataset. The choice of the template should not result in the instablity that you describe. The default acad.dwt will simply create the "standard" set of necessary styles. Also, we have tested the parcel topology with as many as 11,400 parcels. I am very interested to see the dataset that results in the degradation of performance that you describe. Please email me the LDD dataset for further investigation. thanks, Daniel Philbrick ISD Civil Development "danbonenfant" wrote in message news:25189757.1075728282514.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Civil3d - Service Pack 1 > > When I try to import a few (140) parcels from LDD into Civil 3d using the default acad.dwt template the system locks up. New drawing using _Autodesk Civil 3D Imperial By Layer.dwt parcels will import but very slow. Shouldn't the software create the objects it needs when working in a drawing not created by Civil3d? > > Also working with parcels is very, very slow. Almost unusable with this many parcels. Could you imagine working with a large project.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report