Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PARCELS, Labeling

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
194 Views, 1 Reply

PARCELS, Labeling

My company went from 2007 Autocad to 2014. Our "training" was less than satisfactory just like Autocad's "help" menu.

I need to generate lot reports and I believe "parcels" is the way to do that.

How do I:

a. Put the parcel entities and labels  on the layers I want

b. Make the label say "Lot XX" and increment up.

Additionally when using LDD, I would copy "lot" line work , trim & clean and turn it into closed plines to then make a "parcel/lot" out of it. Is there a faster or better methodology?

Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
IanMcClain
in reply to: Anonymous

a. Create or modify a parcel style, this will define how the parcel label will appear and how the component linework behaves; under the tab Display change the color and linetype of Parcel Segments to ByBlock to have the control over the appearance of individual line and curve segments.

b. Edit the parcel style under Design > Parcel Name Template

Creating and cleaning your layouts with lines and arcs, then converting to parcel segments is a fine approach. I woould strongly recommend avoiding polylines for parcels for three reasons:

1) it potentially creates duplicate overlapping linework creating gaps, overlaps, sliver parcels, slow drawings and migranes

2) you will lose control over the display of individual segments since the parcel will behave as one big poly line

3) editing polyline parcels to add or remove segments will destroy any labeling you do.

Ian McClain

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report