Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PARCELS, CURVE LABELING

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
659 Views, 9 Replies

PARCELS, CURVE LABELING

My company went from 2007 Autocad to 2014. Our "training" was less than satisfactory just like Autocad's "help" menu.

I need to generate lot reports and I believe "parcels" is the way to do that.

How do I:

a. Put the parcel entities and labels  on the layers I want

b. Make the label say "Lot XX" and increment up.

Additionally when using LDD, I would copy "lot" line work , trim & clean and turn it into closed plines to then make a "parcel/lot" out of it. Is there a faster or better methodology?

Also, is it no longer possible to label curves by three points? I would hate to think I have to break a right of way curve at every point where a lot line intersects it to generate interior curve data for each lot as required for platting.

Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Pointdump
in reply to: Anonymous

Gilbert,

"a. Put the parcel entities and labels on the layers I want"
Settings >> Parcel >> (Right-Click) Edit Feature Settings >> Default Styles:

Parcel2.png

"b. Make the label say "Lot XX" and increment up."
From the "less than satisfactory" Help Section, <<Click Here>>

If you want to renumber already-created Parcels:

Parcel3.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 10
rl_jackson

That's a super complicated question.  But yes, parcels is the way to go.

As far as layers, Set everything to 0 it will lead to a less complicated understanding of C3D.  Objects can be moved to layers if necessary without the hampering of layers in styles.

You will need to do sites.  Get a book Master C3D it will help along with the tutorials .

No you do not lable curves by points anymore, and if you use parcels you DONOT have to break anything.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
AllenJessup

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, is it no longer possible to label curves by three points? I would hate to think I have to break a right of way curve at every point where a lot line intersects it to generate interior curve data for each lot as required for platting.

If you use the Civil 3D tools to generate the parcels the ROW will be it's own type of Parcel. If you label that it will label the overall on curves and tangents. Labeling the individual Parcels will generate the intermediate distances. I can't get too far in to it because I don't do subdivision work. Just going from what training I've had.

Without adequate training your company will probably loose more in productivity than they will save on not paying for training and/or consulting. Until you have a good template with all you're styles set up. You're going to be struggling with each step. Does your company have a CAD manager?

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
IanMcClain

James,

From your other post: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/parcels-labeling/td-p/5312861

Also, look in to Spanning Labels for parcel lines and curve labels to allow for the labeling of partials along ROW and such; the labels will reflect the side of a segment they are on and will display distance and deltas between intersection parcel segments.

Ian McClain
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Pointdump

Is the parcel label made of different components?

Message 7 of 10
AllenJessup

It can be. It can also be lumped together in one component as long as it is all of one component type. The advantages of having multiple components is the ability to control the placement of the label. It's offsets and anchors.

i.e. A bearing and distance label may contain one component with both bearing and distance in the same component. If you want a direction arrow you must have a second component. You can also have a separate component for the bearing and the distance. This makes it easier to spread the label out along the line. You can anchor the bearing component to the start of the line and the distance component to the end of the line.

It all depends on how much work you want to put in to developing the label and what you want it to look like.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

No we do not have a cad manager, additionally we have few standards. I guess I am going to have bite the bullet and start a template from scratch. Those in charge making a template made one for their needs only, we have no parcel styles, contour styles etc. Personally, Autocad has done NOTHING to make my job faster, easier, or more efficient. It seems styles are for cad people who didn't know how put objects on the correct layer or use the font & size of text that their respective companies prefer. The only thing that seems to be genuinely improved is point editing.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: rl_jackson

So I can't label curves by points but I can label lines, is that correct.
Message 10 of 10
wfberry

Gilbert:

You CAN label curves and lines.  You need to do a few parcels and then it should become more clear, I hope.  If you want to attach a small file I will label a few items for you.  I could care less if you use my labels.

Bill
Infrastructure Suite 2014 Premium SP 2
IDSP 2015 SP 1 (C 3D)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report