Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel tables

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
316 Views, 4 Replies

Parcel tables

Hello everyone. I've searched the forum and AutoCAD help and I'm still having problems setting up my line and curve segment tables. The tables seem to plot at different sizes than they are shown in paperspace. Even in plot preview they will look one way and then move around when I escape out. There has to be a way around this. Does anyone have any pointers? Is model space with a viewport better? It doesnt seem so. I've tried different annotation scales and viewport scales when working in model space but it still did not work right. I've been through table properties and edit table styles too. I must be missing something. Help!!

Gregg
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Sinc
in reply to: Anonymous

Best bet is to use the scale in the Status Bar (near the bottom-right of the screen) to change scales. Make sure this setting is the same in your viewport as it is in modelspace when you first create your table.

For example, if you have modelspace set to 1" = 50' when you create the table, set the viewport to 1" = 50'. I like having dedicated viewports for these tables, containing nothing but the tables, while the linework is all in a separate viewport.

-- Sinc
http://www.ejsurveying.com
http://www.quuxsoft.com
Sinc
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I did fix one of my problems already.......my column widths for the segment numbers was set to manual. I did that to see if it would help but never changed it back.

So you're saying that you like doing tables better in model space than in paper space?

Gregg
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks Matt! Edited by: greggp on Feb 24, 2010 6:40 PM
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I don't think he's saying he likes to do it that way. As you've
experienced, there are issues doing it in paper space.

When you create viewports just for tables a good practice is to freeze all
layers not associated with the tables or your PS regens will be far too
long.

--
Matt Kolberg
Global CADD Systems - A division of Cansel

"greggp" wrote in message news:6343404@discussion.autodesk.com...
> Thanks, I'll give that a try. I did fix one of my problems
> already.......my column widths for the segment numbers was set to manual.
> I did that to see if it would help but never changed it back.
>
> So you're saying that you like doing tables better in model space than in
> paper space?
>
> Gregg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report