Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Styles Problem

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
kbellson
232 Views, 14 Replies

Parcel Styles Problem

i am having a hard time reproducing similar outputs from land.
attached is an example of what i get from land
the problems i'm having are
1. label area style
i would like to have the area a different size than the lot number
and have the area formatted like this 12,345 sq.ft.

2. line label style
i cant get the rear lot line label to label only for
the lot
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
kbellson
in reply to: kbellson

here is the closest i can get the styles to what i want
Message 3 of 15
nzeeben

In order to get two different sized piece of text in a label you will need two different text components. So in the style composer on the Layout Tab, you will need to add a second text component As shown in the picture I am attaching.
Message was edited by: nzeeben
Message 4 of 15
kbellson

Thanks, works great.
now if i could get the rest worked out
the comma format (12,345) looks like a wish list item.
but the line label item might be something i overlooked.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

Even the comma formatting (12,345 in lieu of 12.345) too is possible. In the label layout tab - click on ... button that you see against the CONTENT cell (for text components - please see "..." inside the red circle in the attached image). This will launch Text Component Editor (TCE); and height light the property whose decimal character has to be changed from ". (dot)" to ", (comma)". on the "Properties" tab of TCE you will see one of the formatting properties is "Decimal Character". Change its value from default . to ,. Hope this helps. Chakri Autodesk Inc. "kbellson" wrote in message news:12437973.1103735889232.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Thanks, works great. > now if i could get the rest worked out > the comma format (12,345) looks like a wish list item. > but the line label item might be something i overlooked.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous

Sorry forgot to attach image... Chakri Autodesk Inc. "Chakri Gavini" wrote in message news:41c9b1db$1_3@newsprd01... > Even the comma formatting (12,345 in lieu of 12.345) too is possible. In the > label layout tab - click on ... button that you see against the CONTENT cell > (for text components - please see "..." inside the red circle in the > attached image). > > This will launch Text Component Editor (TCE); and height light the property > whose decimal character has to be changed from ". (dot)" to ", (comma)". on > the "Properties" tab of TCE you will see one of the formatting properties is > "Decimal Character". Change its value from default . to ,. > > Hope this helps. > > Chakri > Autodesk Inc. > > > > "kbellson" wrote in message > news:12437973.1103735889232.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > Thanks, works great. > > now if i could get the rest worked out > > the comma format (12,345) looks like a wish list item. > > but the line label item might be something i overlooked. > >
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous

But we STILL want the ability to attach two labels to a parcel, Caesar. Just reminding you... Hope you're enjoying a restful holiday season! Take some time off, I know you work too much. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager & Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D2005
Message 8 of 15
nzeeben

The comma format is there, I didn't even notice that on your jpg. If you edit the area label style and go into the layout tab, select the area component then select contents. You will then need to select the decimal character component. Make sure you use the blue insert arrow to replace the existing information.
Message 9 of 15
kbellson

im sorry if i didnt explain my self crearly, i thought it was apparent that i want twelve thousand three hundred and forty five square feet 12,345.00 not twelve point three hundred and forty-five thousands square feet (12.345) formatted with a comma.
common guys.
Message 10 of 15
kbellson

im so disappointed i had to reply again.
try getting 1,234,567.00
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

Sometimes I hate engineers, they are so damn picky. 😉

Scott Wolfe, PE
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

Let me see if I understand the previous threads. In my case I want to show 14,500 S.F. for my parcel area. At this point I can only come up with 14500 S.F. If I misunderstood something, please advise. Thanks, Bill "lswolfe" wrote in message news:20375041.1103750078189.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Sometimes I hate engineers, they are so damn picky. ;) > > Scott Wolfe, PE
Message 13 of 15
kbellson

exactly.
Message 14 of 15
mcotreau

Hi Chakri,

I have tried your solution to the formatting of the numbers in 2008, but the suggestion only changes the decimal point to a comma as expected. What I really want is to keep the decimal character, but also insert a comma between the "hundreds" and "thousands" columns like:

12345.67 becomes 12,345.67

Thanks in advance
Mike
Message 15 of 15
Anonymous

You need to define an expression to do this:

http://civil3drocks.blogspot.com/2006/06/almost-instant-comma-gonna-get-you.html

;-)

wrote in message news:5646237@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hi Chakri,

I have tried your solution to the formatting of the numbers in 2008, but the
suggestion only changes the decimal point to a comma as expected. What I
really want is to keep the decimal character, but also insert a comma
between the "hundreds" and "thousands" columns like:

12345.67 becomes 12,345.67

Thanks in advance
Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report