Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Style - Name Template

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
BtimmermanMMS
1988 Views, 5 Replies

Parcel Style - Name Template

I would like to have my parcels be able to label the lots with sometihng other than the Lot # given by the setup of the parcel itself. What i'd like to be able to do is have it label Outlot A - which I haven't been able to figure out to date.

How can I get the parcel style to use something other than the word Lot or a number (given the typical lot is a number). We have various reasons why Outlot A is a needed label. How does one go about getting C3D to use something other than the name template in parcel style. I can toggle the name template option off once I create the parcel. But, when I toggle it off - then go to the name and change it to Outlot A - the parcel label still shows as Lot 1. Why?

Thanks in Advance for any/all help.

C3D 2011 32bit

Win XP SP3

Never enough RAM

Never enough Time.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
gjrcmb
in reply to: BtimmermanMMS

In Parcel Properties > Information tab, when you uncheck the "Use name template in parcel style" box and enter "Outlot A" in the "Name" box, you also need to go to the Composition tab and select an "Area Selection Label Style" that includes a Name Property <[Name(CP)]> in the style's definition, not a Parcel Number Property.

If you want to save yourself from having to type Outlot everytime then you could create an "Area selection label style" that has the following as a Text Component "Outlot <[Name(CU)]>" and then just use a letter as the Name of the Parcel.  See attached Picture1.

I am not able to figure out a way to uncheck the "Use name template in parcel style" box by default or for multiple Parcels at the same time.

Assuming that you actually would like to increment Outlot letters such as Outlot A, Outlot B, Outlot C, etc.  I am not finding this built into the standard fuctionality of C3D.  However, you might be able to customize this kind of functionality through a .NET application if you were so inclined.

If all your parcels are in the same site, you could change the names through Prospector List View of the Parcels.  See attached Picture 2.  You can also right click on each parcel to get into the Properties dialog box for each parcel.

So I guess my approach would be something like this:

• If you do not already have an "Area Selection Label Style" that is setup to include a Parcel Name, create one.
  • Create parcels in the site where you specify to use the "Area Selection Label Style" you created or perhaps set this style as the default style in the Feature or Command settings on the Toolspace > Settings tab > Parcel > Edit Feature Settings, or Toolspace > Settings tab > Parcel > Commands.
  • Use the Renumber/Rename (EditParcelNumbers) command to renumber the parcels in the order you want them listed in the Site.  Once again I am assuming that Parcel 1, 2, 3 would correspond to Outlot A, B, C (if that assumption is correct).
  • Open up the Toolspace > Prospector tab and select the Parcels object node under the Site.
  • In the View List at the bottom of Prospector, right click on each Parcel Name one by one, select Properties and uncheck the "Use name template in parcel style" box.
  • Now you can click on each Parcel Name in the List View and type the Name of the Parcel.  If you setup the style as I suggested above, then you could just type in A, B, C, etc. down the line.

That's the best I can come up with, unless someone else has some input.

Message 3 of 6

You can create a Parcel Area Label style to use the “Description” instead of “Name”.

Once you have the parcel made, you will have to edit the Parcel Properties go to the information tab and type in your description. If you have allot of parcels then it’s not worth having to edit each and every one, but it works if you only have a few.

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
Message 4 of 6
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: BtimmermanMMS

You could also just create an Outlot parcel style.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 5 of 6
gjrcmb
in reply to: sjg

So Jeff and Steve you basically are saying that you could create an Area Selection Label Style with a Text Component of the following:

<[Parcel Style Name(CU)]> <[Description(CU)]>

Where the Parcel Style is named OUTLOT and the description gets manually entered as A, B, C, etc in the Information tab for each Parcel or in the Parcel List View on Prospector?  Or did you mean something else Steve?

This would save the step of having to uncheck the "Use name template in parcel style" for every Parcel, so that is good.

Message 6 of 6

Using both is a good way to go. Especially if you have a bunch of parcels.

I was just saying you could use the description and don’t use the name at all. If I’m doing a survey with a few parcels I use the description so I can be a little more flexible on my parcel labels. Mainly I can stack text when using the description.

On record plats, some counties around here want open space lots to have alpha designations.

In this case, I use a Lot Number style for the Lots and a Lot Description style for the open space lots as below:

LOT A

OPEN SPACE

C3D needs a lot number, but I just make a high number that does not conflict. Same goes for right of way.

I see three choices, Name, Lot Number or Description to use in the Label.  Or… a combination.

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report