Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Properties - Analysis

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
BtimmermanMMS
666 Views, 3 Replies

Parcel Properties - Analysis

Where are the settings for the precision to the mapcheck and inverse analysis to a Parcel?

We have a problem with the bearings showing up with degrees minutes seconds and seconds going out to 100th. Also, the coordinates on the northing/easting show up four places out. Can't for the life of me track down where the precision to these are at. Have found previous threads describing the VB routines that are used for the parcel reports in the toolbox, but haven't seen any control to the parcels themselves. Maybe I'm just overlooking it.

Also, while I'm on this horse...

The analysis shows everything fine, but...have you noticed the segment that is listed first is the last segment you select. At least it is here...

Anyone???

Thanks

Civil 3D 2013 w/current SP

Windows 7 64bit

HP Elitebook 8760 w/8GB RAM

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: BtimmermanMMS

Have you tried adjusting the various Toolbox precision options found under Parcels here?

parcel precision.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
BtimmermanMMS
in reply to: Jay_B

Those settings are the same from day one out of the box. They are set to 3 places and since my settings are (coordinates to 4 and the bearing itself is at 100th on the seconds) I don't think those control my analysis under the parcel properties. I'm leaning towards those controls set more for the reports manager side of things and not the anaylsis tab under the parcel properties itself. Could be wrong...but, my settings don't make sense for what those that you mention are defaulted to. Thanks though...

Message 4 of 4

Found It!

They are under the Settings Tab and the drawing settings. Right click on drawing name-->drawing settings-->ambient settings tab.

Under the coordinate setting and the direction setting they are set to 4 and 6 as a default. So, i've changed my coords to 2 and my direction to 4.

Ran the parcel properties analysis and Whalla!

Next it would be nice to write that portion out to a text file or something, but i guess that is why "they" give us the toolbox reports side of parcels and whatnot. Anyway...another problem solved. Onto the next...

Thanks anyway folks...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report