Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel point export to data collector - help needed

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
annw2
497 Views, 4 Replies

Parcel point export to data collector - help needed

I am trying to speak 'surveyor' without the background in the data collectors.  We have a new surveyor who uses Terramodel.  I have an LDD parcel database that the surveyor is requesting to be translated to points for stakeout.

I can export the parcels to xml and Terramodel will import them, but it seems to import them as lines.  The Surveyor wants points to be able to do a map check in Terra Model and program the data collector.  I am not seeing a create points from parcel function anywhere from 2004 to 2012.

Am I missing something?  New feature in 2013?  Wish list for 2014?

Ann Wingert, P.E.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: annw2

You can use CreatePointAutomatic to create points from Parcel objects.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
_Hathaway

@annw2 wrote:

I am trying to speak 'surveyor' without the background in the data collectors.  We have a new surveyor who uses Terramodel.  I have an LDD parcel database that the surveyor is requesting to be translated to points for stakeout.

I can export the parcels to xml and Terramodel will import them, but it seems to import them as lines.  The Surveyor wants points to be able to do a map check in Terra Model and program the data collector.  I am not seeing a create points from parcel function anywhere from 2004 to 2012.

Am I missing something?  New feature in 2013?  Wish list for 2014?

Sounds like another workflow issue to me....Why is your new surveyor using Terramodel? Is he your employee or a subconsultant or?  No need to do extra work if you aren't obligated too just because someone wants it.

With that said, either manaully add the points in LDD on each corner or as the poster above pointed out, you may be able to expedite that process.  Export an Ascii file for the surveyor, any softwrare program in the field or office can use an Ascii file.

Message 4 of 5
annw2

Thank you.  That should do it.  Where is this accept as solution button I keep getting e-mailed about?

We will try this solution on the next project.

The surveyor is part time and new.  We haven't had a chance to train him yet, just to look up the next class and apply for training funding.

Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 5 of 5
xuang950

The parcel box code number is given to you while purchasing, that code you need to give the parcel delivery companies while ordering for parcel. It is sure that the company will not disclose this code to anyone even it assist you to give the code to delivery boy for secure parcel when you are not at home. Realistically, installing a safe or parcel locker is a protected and handy solution to the entire and too familiar problem.Moreover, there are numerous issues to be considered when you buy an online parcel box delivery service. The prior issue is affordable rate and regular maintenance service of parcel box, well not to worry these all is mention in each website. Just you need to check out the best and reliable site having years of experience in offering parcel box at inexpensive cost. In addition check out the site reviews and feedbacks while opting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report