Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Name Template

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
BtimmermanMMS
823 Views, 6 Replies

Parcel Name Template

How can I set my text style and height for the parcel name template on a parcel? I get all the other text set with the correct styles and settings, but the parcel name template is escaping me. I want it to have a complex font and be larger than my Square Feet and Acres for the parcel label. For whatever reason - my Parcel Name (simply a number)

See attached pdf files for a look.

Thanks in advance for any input.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
scott
in reply to: BtimmermanMMS

You need to add a new component within the Label Style Composer.  If the label is all on one component you can only have it be one size.  Add a component for the lot number, select the font and size for that component, and you should be good.  You will have to fiddle with Anchor points to get it to align properly.

Message 3 of 7
BtimmermanMMS
in reply to: scott

I will check that out and see how things work.

Figured it was something like that, but why do they give us a name template if we can't control the settings in the "template". Makes little sense...

Message 4 of 7

Nope - that was NOT the fix that I needed. The name template is still being used and now I have two lot numbers. Sounded good and made sense, but how does one get rid of the lot number that comes in from the area label when you are showing the sq ft and acres. The Lot Number is somehow connected/linked to the sq ft label. If you make that state not visible then both are gone. I need them all and would like to have one label "style" for area label do it all.

Anybody else...?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Message 5 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: BtimmermanMMS

Remove the Number portion from the part you want smaller (the existing Text component). Add the second Text Component and add the Number only to that. Adjust the attachment points to suit. In the Text Component Properties window for the one with just the number, click the sideways tab to change to the Format tab. Change the Font, Color and Bold properties here which will affect just this component.

This will be the result: (mine uses 3 components, only 2 are really needed...I added the 3rd to make it look like yours)

2-23-2011 3-02-47 PM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 7
BrianHailey
in reply to: Jeff_M

The name template controls just that, what is the parcel named. The label style controls the label, i.e. I want to label the parcel with the parcel name (that was created via the naming template) and I want the name to be this size, this font, etc for this particular label. I also need to label the parcel in a different drawing using a different font, size, etc so I use a different label style, but the name is the same.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 7 of 7
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: BrianHailey

Ive created a style where the parcel number is larger than the area label. The way I did it was create a label style for just the parcel number setting the text height to what you want. Then create a child of that label and add the area labels this gives you the ability to have area labels with smaller text.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report