Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Map Check HTML Report mods

163 REPLIES 163
SOLVED
Message 1 of 164
Anonymous
14962 Views, 163 Replies

Parcel Map Check HTML Report mods

For those of you that have tried to submit lot closure calcs to the local
agency and have been snickered at for using the stock C3D report.....this
one's for you.

I did not like the way these reports looked, at all. Nor does anyone else
around these parts. Maybe the stock reports work just fine in other parts of
the world, but I had to figure out a way to get them more presentable for
us. So far I have only worked on the MapCheck report and I have it to a
point that I think is much more usable. And, it uses far less paper when
printed out than the stock report does. Also, the stock report does not let
you sort the parcels so they are output in the order they were created. I
have added a sort function that allows you to sort by any of the columns in
the Parcel Listbox, thus allowing you to actually have the report in the
order of the Parcel Numbers. Another, smaller, change is that I do not show
the actual parcel Name. I do show the parcel description, but if there is no
description then I use the Parcel Number for the description.

I'm attaching a PNG showing the 2010 stock report on the left, and my
modified report on the right. At this time I have only compiled it for use
with 2009, but will be porting it to 2010 once I'm sure it's working as
desired.

If anyone has any comments, or would like a copy of the revised .NET DLL,
just let me know. Until I get it working correctly with all of the .NET
reports, I will not be posting the source code though.

Jeff
163 REPLIES 163
Message 41 of 164
stacy.dunn
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff,
If you can post the modified code, that would be very helpful.

Thank you,
Stacy
Stacy Dunn
Message 42 of 164
Jeff_M
in reply to: chrisdavis5201

Chris, I had thought this would work in 2014, but it doesn't appear to be. I'll see what I can do to get it working.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 43 of 164
chrisdavis5201

Jeff,

Thank you very much... I thought I was just a doorknob that could not follow directions (well sometimes I am). I appreciate you looking into this.

Thank,

Chris

Message 44 of 164
Jeff_M

I've attached a new zip file containing a version for 2014. Also attached is a zip file containg the VB project in case anyone else would like to edit for future releases.

EESignature
Message 45 of 164
Joe-Bouza

2009 wow!
I didn't understand at first how you could be a mentor posting and an EE replying. cool

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 46 of 164
chrisdavis5201

Thank you Jeff...

This modified one works great. I just have one problem, I cannot get the report to show up in my toolbox permenately. I edit the tool box and I have done all of the following:

1. Added a new tool to the Parcel Reports. Executes fine in the edit toolbox, but after saving, it does not show up in the Toolbox Reports manager.

2. Added a new Category, then new tool. Report executes but still does not show up in the Toolbox Reports manager.

3. Added a new Root  Categor, then Category, then Tool.  Report executes but still does not show up in the Toolbox Reports manager.

In each of the previous cases everytime I close the toolbox Editor, the Report does not show up and if I open the editor again, the Tool/Category is gone.

Am I missing a step somplace that will allow me to add this as a permanent fixture to Civil 3D so I can use it easily on multiple projects?

Thanks,

Chris

Message 47 of 164
stacy.dunn

Chris,

Check to see if you have write access to the following folder and the files it contains:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Data\Toolbox\

replace 2013 with your version number
Stacy Dunn
Message 48 of 164
chrisdavis5201
in reply to: stacy.dunn

I'll Check with IT in the morning, but it allowed me to create a new folder in that location

Message 49 of 164
mjung

Thank You very much for sharing this Jeff!!!!

This is by far a huge improvement over the out of the box version. I knew there must be a better way to get a report. Glad I ran across this thread. And also a big thanks for the continuing effort on getting it to work with previous releases! We are currently using 2012 but will be switching all projects to 2014 in the near future.

Civil 3D 2024 / Windows 11 Pro (64bit)
Intel Core I7 @3.30GHz / 32gig RAM / NVIDIA Quadro K2200
Message 50 of 164
IanMcClain

Jeff,

I'm struggling with the same issue Shilo4082 had. I can't get the path in the report manager to stick. I'm not sure what the resource file is that needs to be in the same folder is. I copied both files to: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2012\enu\Data\Reports\Net

(using 2012)

Ian McClain
Message 51 of 164
IanMcClain
in reply to: IanMcClain

Update: renaming "C3DReport_JMM.dll" to "C3DReport.dll" allows the report to execute. This produces some errors, but you still get the report. Be sure to backup the original "C3DReport.dll". 

Jeff, if you revisit these again, can you included the site name and/or the Lot name instead of the #? I use separate sites for easements and give them unique names to help the map checker find their place.

Thank you, Jeff!

Ian McClain
Message 52 of 164
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

You're welcome, Ian. I'm on vacation right now, will look into the name thing when I get a chance.
EESignature
Message 53 of 164
IanMcClain

Update 2: (for 2012)

For the benefit of others (and myself the next time I get a new machine): the last batch of files require the macro name to be "ParcelMapCheck_Report" and not "ParcelMapCheck" as it was mentioned for an earlier version in this thread, and he last three files Jeff posted all need to be in the same folder.

toolbox.png

files.png

Ian McClain
Message 54 of 164
IanMcClain

One more image that I neglected to upload in my last post. Creating a new custom report seems to stick.

custom.png

Ian McClain
Message 55 of 164
Shilo4082

Jeff_M

Please let us know when a routine is available for 2015.

Rich

Message 56 of 164
Jeff_M
in reply to: Shilo4082

Chris, 2015 version of PMCheck attached.

EESignature
Message 57 of 164
tallredMHE

Jeff,

It seems as though I am doing something wrong. I am using civil 3d 2013 and cant for the life of me get the exported text file to change in format. I am going to sleep after drying out my eyes, on and off these 6 pages since about 7 this evening. Can’t really find a step by step set of instructions and from what I do understand (where to put the files) is that I’m far less skilled than I originally thought and i didn't sit very high before. I would greatly appreciate the step by step for civil 3d 2013 as I am clearly doing something wrong.

Regards,

Thomas

Message 58 of 164
Jeff_M
in reply to: tallredMHE

Thomas, this should be all you need do:

Download the 2013 version zip from THIS message to a place you can find it.

In Windows Explorer, browse to where you saved the zip file. Right-click on it, select Properties, on the General tab if there is a button labeled Unblock, press it, then exit the properties. Now you can extract the dll in the zip and save it to a location you will remember...perhaps "Documents\Custom Reports\" or something like that.

Here is a screencast showing the remaining steps (to get the name of the command to execute I went to an already working entry, you obviously won't have that, use the name it shows in the video):

Hope that helps!

EESignature
Message 59 of 164
tallredMHE

Jeff,

Murphy has found me today. I was leaving the office this afternoon and noticed I had a flat tire, of course literally no tire shop within 50 miles of me (over ten to choose from) carried my size. Needless to say, I haven't had the time to do much other than thank you for yet another prompt response. I greatly appreciate your willingness to coach me through this. You’re truly an amazing individual and I admire you not only for your knowledge but again, for your willingness to help such a c3d noob as myself. Have a great evening!

Thank you so much!

Thomas.

Message 60 of 164
Larry_D

I cant seem to get it to execute. I get an error. See attached.Capture.JPG

Ultimately, what I am looking to do though is just to have it export bearing and distances along with area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report