Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Line & Curve Table?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
GonePhishing
527 Views, 7 Replies

Parcel Line & Curve Table?

Hail the mighty gurus of Autodesk.

I anticipate this be a simple solution that I'm somehow overlooking.

I've created a Line & Curve table to display my metes & bounds.  One of the curves is displaying an incorrect length, off by .01.  It was caught as my project was reviewed by the city engineer.  I went back to the database (Prospector --> Sites --> Parcels) and my mapcheck does conflict by .01.

I guess you see my question?

Why is the mapcheck different from the Line / Curve table?  How can I 'fix' the table to match the mapcheck data?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

-Ron

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
GonePhishing
in reply to: GonePhishing

Anyone??

Message 3 of 8
rl_jackson

Most likely this is caused by rounding errors, it is not unusual to see this, I usually just do an edit text to adjust it.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
GonePhishing
in reply to: rl_jackson

So you're saying explode the curve table & do a txt edit?

Message 5 of 8
rl_jackson

That's the only work around that I have found thus far, I do which the edit text would work on tables as well

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
jmayo-EE

You could also draw a line over the parcel segment to the required length and label the line.

You could copy the label style and edit the copy to have different rounding as per the attached.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
wfberry

I am assuming you meant .01 FEET.  If that is correct and someone questioned it, I might have to send LUIGI down to his (or her)'s office.

Smiley Very Happy

Bill

Message 8 of 8
GonePhishing
in reply to: wfberry

Yes.  I'm saying .01 FEET.  I guess the professional reviewing the exception area is being picky about the Error closure.  Was very surprised to see that the MapCheck data & actual table produced differed, but its def a rounding issue.

I fixed it by adjusting the length prior to the closure (by .01) and it lessened the error to 0.0006.

I'll pull my hair out if he fusses over that!

UG!

Thanks for the help gang.

-Ron

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report