Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel labels

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
148 Views, 5 Replies

Parcel labels

I started creating and labeling my parcels and have noticed that when you label the parcels it places a label for each section of line in the parcel. Example you have a lot that goes north to south and another lot intersecting that lot line let's say the middel of it going east to west, it places a label for each individual section of that lot line going north to south. Is there a way to make it label the entire length rather than breaking it into two labels. I have tried bpolying the lot and getting rid of the vertx at the intersection but it still labels each section of line, also have tried using the add label rather than letting it do it automaticaly with no luck. The reasoning is we label each lot as if it was a individual total of the each line inside the parcel rather the breaking up of the parcel line, except when the bearing changes than we would use two labels. Same bearing for the lot line one label. Hope I didn't rambel to much. Thanks for the help. Tom G.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thomas, Try creating the parcel in a new site. Parcels in different sites don't interact the way you are experiencing (I think). Brian
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

You'll have to label the site (The outer boundary) and then the individual parcels. -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 LDT2004+C3D
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Yeah I have found out about the boundary label I did create a different site for my boundary and it holds its labels. It is the individual lots inside the boundary that I am refering to. We are doing a sub-division with several hundred family lots inside the boundary and each one of those are the ones I am having trouble with and I can't see making a different site for each one of those. Thanks "James Wedding" wrote in message news:4072c574$1_2@newsprd01... > You'll have to label the site (The outer boundary) and then the individual > parcels. > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > LDT2004+C3D > >
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Thomas, The news is bad. The labelling applies to the drafting and the drafting includes to the short lines. The only solution is to draw the extra lines and label them. You will have to use different label styles to deal with the fact that many of the lots sides are broken in the adjacent lots. In new jobs you should do the drafting first and define the lots so that they don't have to broken sides. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au . "Thomas Glidewell" wrote in message news:4072c75b$1_2@newsprd01... > Yeah I have found out about the boundary label I did create a different site > for my boundary and it holds its labels. It is the individual lots inside > the boundary that I am refering to. We are doing a sub-division with several > hundred family lots inside the boundary and each one of those are the ones I > am having trouble with and I can't see making a different site for each one > of those. > Thanks > "James Wedding" wrote in message > news:4072c574$1_2@newsprd01... > > You'll have to label the site (The outer boundary) and then the individual > > parcels. > > > > -- > > James Wedding, P.E. > > IT Manager > > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > > Dallas, TX > > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > > LDT2004+C3D > > > > > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi, Please disregard this. I was thinking Land Desktop. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message news:40730816_3@newsprd01... > Hi Thomas, > > The news is bad. The labelling applies to the drafting and the drafting > includes to the short lines. > > The only solution is to draw the extra lines and label them. You will have > to use different label styles to deal with the fact that many of the lots > sides are broken in the adjacent lots. > > In new jobs you should do the drafting first and define the lots so that > they don't have to broken sides. > > -- > > > Laurie Comerford > CADApps > www.cadapps.com.au > . > > "Thomas Glidewell" wrote in message > news:4072c75b$1_2@newsprd01... > > Yeah I have found out about the boundary label I did create a different > site > > for my boundary and it holds its labels. It is the individual lots inside > > the boundary that I am refering to. We are doing a sub-division with > several > > hundred family lots inside the boundary and each one of those are the ones > I > > am having trouble with and I can't see making a different site for each > one > > of those. > > Thanks > > "James Wedding" wrote in message > > news:4072c574$1_2@newsprd01... > > > You'll have to label the site (The outer boundary) and then the > individual > > > parcels. > > > > > > -- > > > James Wedding, P.E. > > > IT Manager > > > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > > > Dallas, TX > > > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > > > LDT2004+C3D > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report