Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel labeling functionality

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
149 Views, 4 Replies

Parcel labeling functionality

I would like to see more right-button click functionality in regards to parcel labeling, much like in LDT. I think it would be nice to be able to highlight several or all the parcels, and then right mouse click and remove all labels, (area as well as line and curve segments) and then do the same thing and label all segments in one shot with a label style set current.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You don't remove the labels, you would simply change the style of the parcel's Label Set. It's odd, but I do believe it's there (or I could be wrong, I'm not sitting in front of it right now.) -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 LDT2004+C3D
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Is the request to have an option to turn on/off the display of labels per object? There is currently the ability to turn off label styles by type (ie, turn off ALL labels in the drawing, turn off all parcel labels in the drawing, turn off all Line labels in the drawing). However, this option doesn't give you the ability to turn off the labels for a couple of the parcels. Also, you have the ability to remove the labels from an alignment or profile, but we don't have a similar ability to remove the labels from a parcel. You can delete the parcel bearing/distance labels (but not turn off). Parcel area labels are either all on/of by using the "Edit Label Style Defaults..." setting for Parcel-Area styles. As Jame says, you can also make a style that has Visibility "OFF". however, it's a bit tough to turn the label back on because you need to select/right click the parcel label to graphically select (ie, change properties) of the parcel. If you know the parcel number you can change the style from the Prospector data view. We'll need to think a bit about this one... Thanks DAS "James Wedding" wrote in message news:4045e0b3$1_2@newsprd01... > You don't remove the labels, you would simply change the style of the > parcel's Label Set. It's odd, but I do believe it's there (or I could be > wrong, I'm not sitting in front of it right now.) > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > LDT2004+C3D > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Dave, Perhaps you could provide the ability to over-write the settings for a particular object. Let's take parcels for an example. I create new parcels and their settings are all defaulted to the current style, say with a label bounded by a rectangle. Now, one or two of these parcels, I don't want the label bounded by a circle but I want everything else to be the same so I go in and modify the settings for that (those) particular object(s). Everything else is inherited from the original style and if that style is modified, the object would be modified as well except for the settings that where overwritten. This way, I wouldn't have to go create a completely new style just for one object. I don't know if this goes completely against where Civil3D is going but it's just a thought. Brian "Dave Simeone" wrote in message news:4047942e$1_2@newsprd01... > > Is the request to have an option to turn on/off the display of labels per > object? > > There is currently the ability to turn off label styles by type (ie, turn > off ALL labels in the drawing, turn off all parcel labels in the drawing, > turn off all Line labels in the drawing). However, this option doesn't give > you the ability to turn off the labels for a couple of the parcels. Also, > you have the ability to remove the labels from an alignment or profile, but > we don't have a similar ability to remove the labels from a parcel. You can > delete the parcel bearing/distance labels (but not turn off). Parcel area > labels are either all on/of by using the "Edit Label Style Defaults..." > setting for Parcel-Area styles. > > As Jame says, you can also make a style that has Visibility "OFF". however, > it's a bit tough to turn the label back on because you need to select/right > click the parcel label to graphically select (ie, change properties) of the > parcel. If you know the parcel number you can change the style from the > Prospector data view. > > We'll need to think a bit about this one... > > Thanks > DAS > > > "James Wedding" wrote in message > news:4045e0b3$1_2@newsprd01... > > You don't remove the labels, you would simply change the style of the > > parcel's Label Set. It's odd, but I do believe it's there (or I could be > > wrong, I'm not sitting in front of it right now.) > > > > -- > > James Wedding, P.E. > > IT Manager > > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > > Dallas, TX > > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > > LDT2004+C3D > > > > > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

In addition to this suggestion I have felt that a style painter (match style if you will) would be VERY helpful. "Alan" wrote in message news:404512a1$1_1@newsprd01... > > I would like to see more right-button click functionality in regards to > parcel labeling, much like in LDT. I think it would be nice to be able to > highlight several or all the parcels, and then right mouse click and remove > all labels, (area as well as line and curve segments) and then do the same > thing and label all segments in one shot with a label style set current. > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report