Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Label Location

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Sinc
510 Views, 9 Replies

Parcel Label Location

Is there any way to control the location of parcel labels?

I have a parcel label that comes in on top of some stuff, and I'd like to move it over to the side a bit so it isn't covering that stuff up. So I move it to where I want it, and all is OK until some time later, when I notice the parcel label has moved back to its original insertion point.

Why does my parcel label keep moving, and is there any way to make it stay where I want it?
Sinc
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Sinc

If you right click on the label there is an option to 'pin' it to it's current location. Most of the time it stays put after that.
Message 3 of 10
Sinc

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Sinc
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

I believe all C3D labels have this pinning feature available although most of them stay put after being dragged without having to pin them down. However, parcel labels and profile related labels seem hell bent on reverting to their original locations unless you nail them down. Some even stay put too well. Earlier today I moved a profile view and some of the labels stayed behind.

One oddity, every so often I get a push-pin looking graphic next to a pinned label. I think it's supposed to always do it for a pinned labels but it rarely appears.

I wish they always defaulted to 'pinned' when dragged.
Message 5 of 10
Sinc

I was just noticing the same thing. The only way I could tell that the label was pinned was that the "Reset Label" option was greyed out.
Sinc
Message 6 of 10
BrianHailey

This is just a very tired guy thinking out loud. Most likely, when your label reset to the original position, your parcel changed, even if very slightly. I haven't tested this theory, just thinking out loud.

Brian

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

What you said is correct. If the label has been pinned, and the parcel is
changed, the label will reset to default position.

The best way I have found of setting labels to pinned is to create all my
parcels, isolate and select labels, right click menu and toggle pin label
to set all of them at once.

wrote in message news:5517529@discussion.autodesk.com...
This is just a very tired guy thinking out loud. Most likely, when your
label reset to the original position, your parcel changed, even if very
slightly. I haven't tested this theory, just thinking out loud.

Brian
Message 8 of 10
Sinc

I'm pretty sure that doesn't explain what happened to me, but I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can, ahem, "pin" it down... lol
Sinc
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

I've noticed this as well. If you tweak a parcel line, the parcel label moves back to its default position in the parcel. It got me on a markup, my supervisor thought I moved it. This thing really has a "mind" of its own!!! Be careful.
Message 10 of 10
Civil3DReminders_com

You can skip the isolating of the labels by typing in LabelTogglePin, selecting all of the parcels with a window and then selecting all of the labels with a window. This assumes you don't have any other labels you don't want toggled.
Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report