Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parcel frontage color and other things

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bf
Advocate
385 Views, 4 Replies

parcel frontage color and other things

I have two problems.

1.  Why does the color of my frontage line turn purple?  It is a straight line for a single parcel.  For whatever reason this stops my parcel creation.

2. Why does the frontage going around a cul-de-sac "burp" out when the parcel I am trying to subdivide does not.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: bf

You are going to have to provide a tad more information to get any decent repsonses. A screen capture png image would be a start. Your dwg file would really help. It's always good to include which version of C3D you are using.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
bf
Advocate
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff.  Attached are screen shots of the two issues and a C3D 2014 dwg.

Win 7

2014 C3D - Infrastructure Suite

16 GB Ram

XEON 1620 3.6 GHz

Message 4 of 5
BrianHailey
in reply to: bf

For the "burping" you are having site issues. You have a featureline in the same site as your parcels so your frontage is following the feature line. Turn on and thaw the layer "BP feature line". Move the featureline to a different site. I wrote up a brief description of sites on my blog HERE.

Same issue with your two toned frontage. You have a featureline on the layer "BP sewer" that is interfering with your parcel.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 5
bf
Advocate
in reply to: BrianHailey

Thanks Mr. Hailey for the quick reply.  I should have thawed all layers and caught that.  I had previously shortened the cul-de-sac and thought somehow it remembered the old location.  ha.  I never would have thought the Feature lines would interfere with the frontage creation. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report