Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parcel - delete error

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
558 Views, 8 Replies

parcel - delete error

I have been learning Civil 3d on a small subdivision that has no utilities other than water. consequently, this product in its present state should be useable. i have been having dificulty deleting parcels that were created using the parcel from objects command. if i click on a parcel feature line and delete it many times i will get a fatal error. i have had better luck deleting parcel feature lines using the edit parcel tool box. however, if a parcel screws up and somehow looses its definition, how can i get rid of this parcel that has inaccurate information or even a 0.00 area? Scott Wolfe, PE
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

For the record I've also had problems with crashing while deleting parcels. -- Arnold Potvin Eastern Engineering Group Inc. "Scott Wolfe" wrote in message news:405b4264$1_2@newsprd01... > I have been learning Civil 3d on a small subdivision that has no > utilities other than water. consequently, this product in its present > state should be useable. i have been having dificulty deleting parcels > that were created using the parcel from objects command. if i click on > a parcel feature line and delete it many times i will get a fatal error. > > i have had better luck deleting parcel feature lines using the edit > parcel tool box. > > however, if a parcel screws up and somehow looses its definition, how > can i get rid of this parcel that has inaccurate information or even a > 0.00 area? > > Scott Wolfe, PE >
Message 3 of 9
lswolfe

i'm having this problem with another file.

the problem with this file is, it is due this week and i am at a stand still.

and i sooooo wanted to use this program. it makes so much sense.
Message 4 of 9
lswolfe

i also can't add parcels to the region i'm having trouble with.

And i have not found anybody able to help me.

Scott Wolfe, PE
Wylie, Texas
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I also have the same problems, I created parcels and made wblock. when I insert that block to land desktop it gives a fatal error message. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you,
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I think the problem is, you are trying to do production work with a piece of software that's not ready for prime time. There are several glitches... I've seen the same behavior you have, and then some. Probably the most important thing you could do for yourself is to learn to work through various styles, learn how to tweak and adjust styles, learn how to build a drawing template you may want to use in the future, and let it go. It's preview software - great ideas, new ways of thinking, but no technical support available, no books; it's incomplete and not ready for production... mho -- scott mceachron total cad systems - dallas "lswolfe" wrote in message news:7156332.1080169302274.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > i also can't add parcels to the region i'm having trouble with. > > And i have not found anybody able to help me. > > Scott Wolfe, PE > Wylie, Texas
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Civil 3D is not done, should we really expect Land Desktop to understand Civil 3D objects today??? mho, -- scott mceachron total cad systems - dallas "karakum" wrote in message news:531647.1080198123628.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > I also have the same problems, I created parcels and made wblock. when I insert that block to land desktop it gives a fatal error message. Any help is appreciated. > Thank you,
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Bit hard to get tech support out in Abilene area? Interested in moving to Dallas? You're looking in the right place for support, but unfortunately, you're running into some known issues that won't be addressed until the next version in all likelihood. HTH -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 LDT2004+C3D
Message 9 of 9
lswolfe

FYI - Wylie is North East Metroplex.

i've tried it, like it, but will have to wait till the released version. no supprise, just assumed they had the parceling nailed down since Autodesk suggested using it for pilot projects. I didn't think that meant pull it out of the box and play with it when the boss isn't looking. (oops, i am the boss) i thought i could use parceling and bring it back over to LDD.

i'll just have to wait.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report