Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parcel Create - Slide Line

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
BtimmermanMMS
1650 Views, 3 Replies

Parcel Create - Slide Line

We have a parcel of over 160 acres - as attached image will show.

This is what we'd like Civil 3D to process for us:

First be able to select the parcel needing "split" and tell it how many acres/sq ft we'd like the resulting parcel to end up with.

We need the parcel to have a specific bearing (from the side of the parcel being split). The resulting sq ft is 435600 or 10 acres.

We've been trying to use the Parcel Create-Slide Line method, but it is dramatically different than the old method. Which was pretty cut and dry.

What we've been experiencing is the prompts are correctly entered for our data and the bearing of the desired line, but it most often comes up with - solution not found. (Which is weak at best for an answer). The dialogue box for the parcel creation is more than likely where we've gone astray and have entered incorrect data. We've tried leaving it at defaults (except for our known vairable we NEED=10 acres or 435600 sq ft).

To explain in words what we NEED graphically:

Would like the program to split the parcel already defined (162 acres) on the east side with a parcel of 10 acres and still maintain the bearing from the easterly line.

How hard can that be?

I will attach the two images (1st of the initial parcel and 2nd of the dialogue box with the promts for area/offset/min-max.....)

Any assistance with this once easy process now made more difficult than we've been able to figure out.

Thank you in advance

Civil 3D 2013 w/current SP's

Windows 7 64bit w/updates

HP 8760w Elitebook

8GB RAM

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
awood
in reply to: BtimmermanMMS

After you define the frontage (the southerly line) and it prompts you for angle, type in the angle that would maintain the easterly bearing along the frontage (I might be off but I calc'd 89.168 deg.).

The rest of your settings look fine, although I turned off Use Maximum Depth.

HTH

AWood

10AC_Parcel.png

Message 3 of 4
BtimmermanMMS
in reply to: awood

YES!
Knew it was something that should be easy enough to figure out, but wasn't sure what prompt needed what input. Then the Max Depth may have played a big part too.
Thank you - You've made to LS's in the office very happy.
Message 4 of 4
awood
in reply to: BtimmermanMMS

I was just replying when you replied 🙂

I tested and it was the Maximum Depth that caused the No solution found error.

Glad to help.

Cheers,

AWood

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report