Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paperspace Structure and Pipe Tables

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sirjoelsph
576 Views, 2 Replies

Paperspace Structure and Pipe Tables

Has anyone tried to use Pipe or Structure Tables in Paperspace?  I can get it to somewhat work, although it just feels like it wasn't designed for it.

I have two big problems with it.  1, I can only label full networks, not a selection of pipes or structures.  2, The annotative ability of the tables goes out of whack in paperspace.

1. Normally you can pick certain pipes or structures to include in a table, but in this case since I'm in paperspace, I'm unable to select the pipes or structures themselves to create that limited table.  It will let me insert a full network table, but that is usually not what I'm in need of.

2. You would think that any smart labels would recognize that paperspace is 1"=1' and use that as the annotative scale, but the table always resizes to a percentage of the screen size when regened.  This makes it very difficult to be able to get it the right size or posistion.  Somehow, it does seem to always plot the correct scale though.

Just looking for insight from others to see if this is even accomplishable or if I need to stick with modelspace tables and viewports...

Civil 3D 2014 SP1
Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.40GHz
12.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro K2000

-JOEL
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: sirjoelsph

Civil3D Labels and Tables were not designe for, nor intended for use in, Paper Space. Add the Tables to MS and create a VP in PS just for that table, then move the VP anywhere you want.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 3
sirjoelsph
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thank you for the quick and succinct answer Jeff.  I was already aware that modelspace and viewports was a good way of doing it, but in reviewing ways of making our drawings better and the workflows easier, this idea popped in my head to hopefully make it a great way of doing it.  I guess the original intent of my post was to see if anyone else had this same thought and if they had started to approach the idea in any ways.  I'd like to get some other people's ideas on the topic before I submit a request to Autodesk for a new feature.

Does anyone else see any benefit to having tables in paperspace?  I see it as one less viewport to deal with, one less object in my way in modelspace, not having to deal with viewport scales since a table should automatically know the 1:1 scale of paperspace, etc.  I can also see it being useful in production tools where an empty table in a template could be used to populate production sheets with only the structures / pipes that are on that sheet.  Looking for other ideas / feedback.  Thanks.

-JOEL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report