Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paperspace locked from Model

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
randcdavidson
848 Views, 6 Replies

Paperspace locked from Model

Is there a setting where I can assure I don't accidently drop into Model space from paperpsace? I can't tell you how many times I double click to edit something on the paper-page only to miss and drop into the Model. When I want to work exclusively on the paper-page I would like to make sure I stay there.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
klugb
in reply to: randcdavidson

I think setting spaceswitch to "0" will do what you want.

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 3 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: klugb

Thanks, Bruce! That's one I'd never heard of.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 7
klugb
in reply to: Jeff_M

I wish I could take credit. I just was paying attention in class at Autodek University. The real credit goes to:

Jeanne Aarhus – Aarhus Associates, LLC

AutoCAD Secrets Exposed!

AC6857

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 5 of 7
rl_jackson
in reply to: klugb

I'm unsure of why the OP would not want to go into model space from paper space. I do it so often its like second nature when working on multi-sheet drawings. If your having issues with the viewport scaling simply lock the viewport it wont scale even if you go into paper space.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: rl_jackson

Because when you have text, or any other object that can be edited by dbl clicking on it, in Paper space and happen to miss the object you get sent to Model Space. It gets frustrating at times. Having this option, and using the Paper/Model Toggle to go between spaces avoid the unintentional jump to Model.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 7
randcdavidson
in reply to: rl_jackson

It's not that I disdain the journey to MS via PS. Actually I would not mind if a double click on empty space whilst in MS would bounce me back out to PS. Sometimes I'm done with MS and want to work solely in the PS and that is why I posted the Question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report